Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Some huge improvements!

I have been gone for 3 weeks-just got home-and applied the latest beta's that I had missed and fired up xplane.First thing I noticed-my joystick settings seemed to have been forgotten (and seem to keep being forgotten between runnings of the program). Then I fired up the Carenado f33 for a spin and was upset to find it had the jerky overeacting fm that is typical of many xp aircraft. Then I looked into the joystick settings-seems the linear settings are by default now put at 25%? In any case putting them back at zero I was instantly back to the wonderful handling of the f33.Then-perhaps it has been a few weeks-I started noticing lots of things I had not seen before. Manifold power settings are more on the money! I noticed that the yoke is reflected in the glass reflections of the instruments-how cool and how real-never have seen that on a sim. The glass reflections on instruments are simply amazing and for me this adds to the reality hugely. Then I did a stability test-put the plane in a shallow bank-and low and behold the plane came back to neutral on its own. Incredible-did a mild pitch experiment and found the same-totally delighted with these improvements which for me are huge.Still wish the need to hold left rudder in level flight was not there, and I am puzzled why my joystick settings seem to be lost every time I use the sim (could be my fault-I will have to check into this more)-however these improvements are huge in my mind! Thanks Laminar.With a certain converted scenery I've seen stuff I've never experienced in a flight sim before-can't wait till the whole world looks like that!

I share your excitement, Except for me, Xplane is totally new to me, so I cant compare previous versions, but Im excited because Im getting a flight sim experiance ive never had before and I loving every min of it. Im sitting here at work, and all I want to do is go home and boot up xplane! (lol)Geofa, I know you are very familliar with the Bonanza, I have no idae what a real Bonanza would fly like. Im happy with the settings I have, But could I ask what your joystick settings are? Id love to get it as real as I can. Im a big fan of the Bonanza, but never had the opportunity to fly one for real.Rob

.....Still wish the need to hold left rudder in level flight was not there, .....
THAT is the ONLY reason I am not yet buying X-Plane.

The real plane has aileron trim-not rudder and a properly rigged plane should not need it-especially as much as xplane's needs-and it isn't just this aircraft.Rob-just use the defaults-but the new beta seems to need the above mentioned parameters turned to zero.

GeofIs the constant use of rudder because of a yaw or roll tendency?Sorry, I'm not used to the F33. Never flown it. I know in most of the aircraft I have flown, I have to constantly "step on the ball" while climbing out at full throttle. Once in cruise, it settled down. Maybe a Beechcraft thing. The amount of movement/slip is quite large, even with no wind. When I was learning, my instructor had to keep reminding me to use more rudder, and one time he told me to look behind me and see how far off the runway heading I was.Could be x plane or it could be a flight model thing.

A reasonably rigged airplane does not roll to the right requiring left rudder in level flight. Has nothing to do with the f33.Like the turbulence/negative stability/manifold issues which were finally helped out with this last beta, I hope this issue is also addressed in a future patch.

Like I said, could be an x plane thing or a flight model thing. In any case, I sent you a PM for further discussion.

Since many have reported it I assume it is an xplane thing and hope it is improved in the next beta/patch! So much good going for the sim now.

Guage reflections in Carenado planes have been present since X-Plane 9, and is not unique to XP10. I recommend taking up the rudder trim issue with the developer of the aircraft.

I would take the trim issue up with the manufacturer-but it would be all of them...the other problem is the endless nose down trim.I don't recall seeing the yoke movement reflected in the gauges before now-but I could have missed that detail.

Hi Geof,I take credit for bringing the manifold pressure improvement to Austin´s attention :-)Had a lengthy email discussion with him and had to provide some screenshots to prove the point (including one of an airplane at 12000 feet at 0 airspeed to show that ram-effect isn´t the issue).Bottom line - if you have an issue and can prove it, Austin IS willing to listen to your input and fix stuff.I am also happy with XP10´s improvements and believe it does have a very bright future.Jan

Guest bstolle

Noticed that the MP decreases with RPM decrease (F33 & B58) and the torque stays the same on the C90 either at high and low RPM (even with a feathered prop).

Edited by bstolle