Sign in to follow this  
LesPaulGuitarsRock

All 4 engines not advancing together

Hi.After pushback, and all 4 engines running, I advanced the throttle, but only the one on the far left worked. The other 3 were stuck at idle.I could manually move the throttles with the mouse, but when I tried with the yoke, only 1 worked.After reloading the aircraft, the throttles all worked as they should.Is this an annoying bug, or have I done something wrong?

Hi.After pushback, and all 4 engines running, I advanced the throttle, but only the one on the far left worked. The other 3 were stuck at idle.I could manually move the throttles with the mouse, but when I tried with the yoke, only 1 worked.After reloading the aircraft, the throttles all worked as they should.Is this an annoying bug, or have I done something wrong?
May be an obvious question as I am assuming you have already done it, but did you flip the fuel controls over for the other 3 engines after your engines started spooling? I had this happen to me using FS2Crew. The F/O was actually doing the reverse when asking him to start engines 3,4 then 1.2. A long shot but who knows........

I recommend getting rid of the default assignment for selecting engine (the E-key). If you accidently touch it, you now only have one engine connected to throttle and there is no way to get back all four, or two or whatever.

Dan Downs KCRP

Being a perennial newbie, I may be misunderstanding something but, if I press only E, nothing happens but, if I hold down E and press 1, only engine 1 responds and, if I hold down E and press 1, 2, 3 and 4 in sequence, all four engines respond again. I presume this is how it should be.

Dugald Walker

Just to add to this:

Pressing E once followed by number 1 2 3 or 4 enables those engines to respond to throttle movements. When in tight turns or turning at runway ends on smaller airfields, you can idle all engines then press E followed by (don't hold down) 4, and then advance power and only engine 4 will wind up, helping you around the tight turn. Then, idle it, press E followed by 1 2 3 4 and all engines will respond together.

Nice little trick.

Regards,

Dan

Conversely, I found that, if you advance power to all four engines then press E followed by 1, for example, then retard power, only engine 1 is retarded. I assume this is of no use whatsoever except to show the logic involved when E is pressed.

Dugald Walker

But in flight, you might want to close one throttle for emergency reasons, so pressing E #X will only close that one throttle, then pressing E #X X X (re-enabling the other three) to continueon those 3.

That's true and I suppose it's less awkward than using the mouse.

Dugald Walker