Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

How to get rid of this?

Before I get judged on my flying. Don't notice the plane, I was just larking about because I bought the latinvfr KEYW scenery and was checking things out and noticed these weird square like textures on my waters. Does anybody know what it is and how to get rid of it?Thanks a lot.dal-1.png

Before I get judged on my flying. Don't notice the plane, I was just larking about because I bought the latinvfr KEYW scenery and was checking things out and noticed these weird square like textures on my waters. Does anybody know what it is and how to get rid of it?Thanks a lot.dal-1.png
Looks to me like a scenery boundary between normal scenery and photoreal scenery.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Damn, do you think this is from the payware Key West scenery then? Is there anyway to get around it or just deal with it?

What you don't show is how fast you were going, nor list any system specs. Absent those two items, a guess is that you're ahead of what the system can render. So you see a pretty good render very close to the plane, but not too far away it looks rather poor.P.S. I don't see anything wrong with your flying. But I tend to stay away from larger, faster aircraft just for that reason.Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Like Tom said, it's the boundary line between your default scenery and photo scenery.

It's not as simple as the boundary between photoreal and default scenery. If the blurry areas were default, the wake of that boat wouldn't still be in the water, nor would the features on the land match up as well between the two areas. It almost looks as if a patch of high-resolution photo scenery were overlaid on a much lower-res version of the same image. The black line might just be a badly done blendmask. It definitely shouldn't look like that in any case.

Edited by Bill Womack

It's called bad scenery design. I have the same problem. I like the airport, but the photo textures have got to go. I tried to delete the photo files without success. The developer wasn't very helpfull either. Maybe he thinks that it's on my end. I just learned to live with it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.