Sign in to follow this  
frako01

Can't get past registration screen

Hi,I cant get my rc4.3 activated. When i click on click here after you pasted you key aboveit just doesn't do anything for a few seconds and then it says that it isn't responding.Can you give me some help.Frank Kouwen

Frank Kouwen

If on Win 7 or VISTA be sure you started RC with a shortcut set to run as admin.When you pasted your key in be sure the cursor was placed after the last character. Delete any spaces after the last character and the cursor.After your successful installation and registration be sure to update FSUIPC and makerwys.exe and run the scenery rebuild again.

I tried these tips but they don't work.I try to register it on Win 7 64 Bit and I run it as administrator but it just wont work.I hope you have a solution for my problem. :(

Frank Kouwen

Make sure you are logged in as admin and you right click on the rcv4.exe application and click run as admin. Make sure rcv4.exe is not blocked by any security applications including any windows defenses.See if you are getting any windows in the background about missing dlls or ocsx files. In win 7 you have to add those as in the pinned 713 error topic. alt-tab to see any buried dialog windows regarding those errors.Be sure a - if present was included in the product key in the outgoing e-mail. Again, make sure there are no preceding or trailing spaces introduced when you pasted in your key. The cursor must be right behind the last character.If none of this helps then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall RC. Be sure you are installing build 4.3 b3845. If you install on the same drive your product key and registration key should be the same.

Every time I reinstall I get 2 folders in my program files: rcv4 and rcv4x. Maybe this is the reasonthat I cant get past the registration screen. Also the uninstall.exe is in the rcv4 folder and almost all the other filesare in the rcv4x folder.I tried to merge the folders but that didn't had any effect.

Frank Kouwen

You are given the option during install to choose FS9, FSX, or both. If you got both folders that is how you chose those options.I also highly recommend that you not install RC under any Program Files folder as that complicates matters under Windows and third party security applications.If you have both versions of FS, then you do need to folders because of different paths to FS, your plans, and your .flr.wxr file paths. Otherwise uninstall and remove both folders, then install again using the right click to run rcv4.exe as admin for the install.If you do have both FS versions you need to keep track of which rc folder fitting to the FS version you are using. That also could explain why some files were missing in each folder. I rename the shortcut to RC for the folder it points to such as RC4FS9 or R4FSX. The property for each shortcut therefore points to the correct RC4 or RC4X folder.I also created a text file on the desktop. In it I have the path to FS9 which I copy then paste into the dialog each time when doing the scenery rebuild. If you have two versions of FS then there would be two lines, one for each version, in that text document. My FS9 path in that document looks like this:h:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9This saves on typos and incorrect scenery rebuilds.

I think I tried almost everything now. But I still cant get it to be activated.Does it help resolving the problem if I send you a screenshot of mine screen whenI want to activate it ?

Frank Kouwen

At this point we need to handle this via PM. Just click on my blue user name above then open the full editor that lets you attach screenshots. First do your screenshot and convert it to a .jpg file via any utilties you have including paint or whatever is available to you. I'll respond with an e-mail address that you can send certain files to me.First, have you run the uninstall from the control panel? It may only work with one of the folders. After that we might be able to delete both folders and start over. Have you read about manually installing some run-time modules as required for Win 7 that no longer include the Visual Basic modules? Read through this thread and follow where to get them and how to install them. This must be done first.http://forum.avsim.n...egistered-dlls/Then try getting off of the Internet by closing your network icon. It should then be safe to disable your antivirus and firewall applications. This will insure they are not getting in the way. Turn off Win defender as well.After your uninstall delete both RCv4 and RCv4X folders. Try installing again but choose the version of FS you are using, not both versions. That should only create one folder, either RCv4 or RCv4X. Then try to register again with the received key. Look for any missing module errors with alt-tab.If you get no error but it shuts down then get to your Windows event manager as stated from your admin utilities and look for errors regarding the installation.There are other options but they will need to be handled via PM and e-mail.When you do your reinstall you will have to use the downloaded file or CD again so be sure you have a safe copy.

Edited by ronzie

Well is still doesn't work and i think we need to handle this using a PM.Which screenshots, i mean from what, do I need to send to you so that we can resolve thisproblem ?

Frank Kouwen

Paste the text of your reply e-mail with the key and a screenshot attached (as a .jpg file) of the registration screen with your key entered in a PM. Attach any error pop-up windows as well. If you have a copy of your outgoing registration e-mail text also paste that in the PM.Your image editor should allow .jpg saves.Also if created in your RC folder after your attempted key entry using a text editor paste in the text of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat.Be sure to do this in a PM and do not reply with that information here.Do not save those files and you also should make a safe copy of them outside of your RC folder. While you are in that folder be sure none of those are set to read-only looking at the attributes by right clicking on them.

Issue resolved as reported by user.