Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

What type of flights to people prefer

i usually do short flights no longer than 3 hours and i have only done a couple long hauls. Last night i did a 6h 30min flight and i really liked it so i think i am going to now stick with the long hauls. Right now i have 6 hours left till i land in KJFK from EGLL :( . I was wondering what do people prefer, long hauls or short flights.Sorry about the title it should be do.

Edited by DeltaMD11

I enjoy the short hauls as my RL time is limited. Since I'm in a flight simulator I do not have to worry about gas or profit when I fly my 747 from ORD to EWR!When I have extended time off I have done SFO HNL, EWR EGLL, HNL RJBB.So to answer your question: Short hauls provide me the most "bang for the buck". I can experience all phases of the flight and have time to do other real life things. Or, I can do multiple short flights in a day.

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Max 2 hrs, and a cargo flight.Central, sud America and Caribean sector.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

I'm a long hauler and a heavy A/C lover, it's normal to fly 3000nm to me (right now i'm flying 1932nm on PMDG's MD-11), but i also enjoy smaller flights. I don't really like short 500nm or less legs, can't even get the feeling :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm a long hauler and a heavy A/C lover, it's normal to fly 3000nm to me (right now i'm flying 1932nm on PMDG's MD-11), but i also enjoy smaller flights. I don't really like short 500nm or less legs, can't even get the feeling :(
The long hauls make the flight feel more real for me and i really like them.

In the MD-11/737-8/9NGX, usually a min of 1500nm.I also fly bush in the orbx area...so....max of like 200nm there...lolI am all 6s and 7s when it comes to what I like in the Sim......

Edited by William J.S.S

I like short flights, because I can make more takeoffs and landings and train my skills during one day :)

Edited by AdrianR

Adrian

I like them short and by that I mean REALLY short, so no longer than an hour in total. :( I usually plan flights that are something like 200 nm to MAX 300 nm. This means that as soon as I have reached TOC I have to prepare for TOD. I don't like cruising for longer times at all. And I also don't have the time sit behind the screen any longer...

I do short haul up to 3 and a half hrs atm, but when ive climbed the ranks at my va i'll be looking into long haul.

Chris Howard

In real life more than 20 minutes straight and level gets a bit tedious and it gets even more so in the sim ;-)

interesting, for those of you who doing long hauls, what actually you'r doing in the free 8 hours?(:
I do work and other things it just depends on what you feel like doing Edited by DeltaMD11

I do a combination of both. During the work week, I usually do 2.5- 3hr max. I really do enjoy long hauls and I get to do them more often with the lady friend is out of town. :)Chris K.

Chris B. Trane