Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Any comments on the released JustFlight DC-6B?

Besides the fact that Wayne Tudor done the dynamics and the monster DC-6B done by PMDG is coming?Alex

Alexander Colka

If PMDG didn't have one planned for release, I still doubt I'd buy the Justflight model. If it's anything like their Connie, most of the "clickable buttons/levers" are aesthetic and the VC is cartoony. Of course, the aesthetics are just my personal opinion. The model looks right, and the sounds seem nice.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'd like to know what the VC lighting is during night and day. The VC looks pretty detailed, I don't care if all the switches and systems are modeled just the basics. And hopefully someone can do an Everts Air Cargo repaint.
http://www.justflight.com/screenPopUp.asp?screenshotID=15800&pid=835

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I just bougth it and in fact liked it, far from perfect (still waiting the PMDG one) but flies very well (Wayne Tudor FDE), as mentioned above is just basic systems nothing deep like the other Aeroplane Heaven's releases, in fact very similar quality to their DC-3 imho. It's a relaxing plane to fly when I don't want to inmerse myself too much in complicated management of my copy of the wonderful A2A B377 COTS but want just a great look anb feel of another great propliner.Alex

Alexander Colka

Any comments on the released JustFlight DC-6B?
Not much so far, huh....I guess the problem with the DC-6 here is that it doesn't have any jet engines nore a bunch of computers to fly it... This baby needs real pilots to handle it.. blum.gifI'm loving the heck out of it myself but that's probabely because i'm an old fart who's been waiting fo a native FSX DC-6 ever since i deleted FS9 from my HD many moons ago. I therefore want to take this opportunity to thank JF,Barry, Wayne and the rest of the crew for finally doing justice to one of the most distinguished examples of classic propliners ever to roam the skies. IMHO your best one yet ! :Applause:Could it have been better ? Sure enough ! But who cares now that PMDG has revealed its first 'secret project'. ( i thought i had died and gone to simmers heaven when i saw the annoucement ! :( ) I will fly the ever lovin Hamilton Standard 43E60 Hydromatic Constant Speed Props with Autofeather and Reverse Thrust off of the Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CB17 Double Wasp radials of the JF DC-6 first.I have had the pleasure of sitting in the cockpit of both the DC-4 and DC-6 more than once and i feel right at home in the JF DC-6 VC. Ok, lots of inoperative stuff but that was to be expected, you don't get Accusimmed that easily with any JF product, main stuff works and it looks good. Internal engine sounds suffer from the dreaded phase shifting phenomenon so i use another sound suite. To me the flight dynamics feel very nice and realistic ( good job, Wayne ! ), AP does a fine job too. If you put her on base leg with ILS activated and hit the Approach button she'll nicely settles down on the Localizer and Glide-Slope without doing the Hokey Pokey. That's much more than i have experienced with quite a few jetliner models !Two thumbs up for the JF DC-6 ! ( well, until that PMDG beauty is established on the ILS, surely.. :( )Cheers,jan

Jan

I bought the justflight dc-6 shortly after it was released. I added the patches a couple weeks later. My version (download) has had consistent problems with the autopilot no working correctly or not at all. In addition after multiple adjustments and flying configs the aircrafts elevator and trim tab are totally unstable.The aircraft flutters in pitch and it continually gets worse over a few minutes to that point where no matter how much up elevator ant up trim the aircraft settles into a increasing down angle dive. I have uninstalled, re-installed no results. I tried the DEMO version after buying the full version to see if maybe it was something my download. No results. I sent a youtube link to justflight so they could see the behavior and all they have said is they can not reproduce the behavior. I love the airplane but 40 bucks later it is still sitting in the hangar waiting for some sort of patch or fix.Any ideas on how to fix the autopilot? I have the dc-3 as well as the connie and they work just fine.Thanks in advance for your help.Cheers

Something is wrong with your installation or your set up. I have no probs with the auto pilot. It's simple and straight forward and works fine. It's definitely better than the connie as far as details goes and maybe PMDG will blow them away, but it is fun in the meantime.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The last JF product i bought (the Comet) has a real nice outside but the inside is.... well... weird. It doesn't feel like an old airliner. As previously said about the Connie, the graphics on the Comet are cartoonish and while the gauges seem somewhat convincing, the package as a whole doesn't.I purchased because i fell in love with the Comet and i had to have it, but i'd love to see the panel match the outside :Waiting:I fear the DC-6 might be about the same.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Normal autopilot operation for me too, strange issue reported. I really like and enjoy this DC-6B in the meantime as well, waiting for the extra liveries pack... I'm lazy now and not doing repaints for a while he he... but I hope to see soon a batch of repaints of this wonderful aircraft.Namco, the DC-6B has a better textured VC so perhaps it is not so cartoonish at all (at least for me) but I don't know why I keep buying those JF/Aeroplane Heaven's aircraft, they have something and spirit, I really love that fleet.Cheers,Alex

Alexander Colka

I enjoy the airplane quite a bit, but am probably not as picky as some. I have but two issues with it: 1. Have to load a default aircraft first.2. Why didn't they make the rudder trim atop the panel operative?

I love this plane.In fact I sometimes find the JF releases a 'mixed bag', but find this one of the best planes they've ever relesed. Try flying it into the Alaskan interior, or from Valdez or PANC up to the Red Dog Mine. :smile:Lovely!

Just Flight is one of the developers I like to support, because they are patrons to quite a few developers, although the fact that they cast their net wide in this way means that some of the stuff they produce is better than other stuff. Recently of course, they've been producing a lot of old classics (DC-3, Constellation, Viscount, Comet, and now of course the DC-6 and the 737-200), which is certainly welcome and another reason I'm happy to support them, but I do agree that some of their recent cockpit efforts are not quite as good as they could be, and I'll be honest, I think the DC-6 one is disappointing.What I would have liked to see was something which looked a bit more 'solid' and less like we were looking at something which is clearly computer generated. In fact, this is a classic case of where I think a VC of the appearance which one finds in Captain Sim stuff would have been far more appropriate in conveying the notion that we were in an old classic.I'm not averse to developers modeling something which looks new, which, for example, I think the DC-3 that Just Flight produced did manage to pull off, but the DC-6 does not have that feel at all to me. The actual simulation of a DC-6 is pretty good, but texturing and colouring is not a strong point on it and leaves it looking like it has no soul - sort of sterile - which I know is perhaps an odd description, but I'm sure people will know what I mean. There is some of this same syndrome going on in the Viscount too, and to some extent in their Comet and Constellation, to lesser degrees, but it is really prevelent in the DC-6. I'd like to see them address that trend, and I hope they will.In short, it's not a case of me not liking the DC-6 to the extent that I would not recommend it, as it is worth having, but I can't help thinking that the old girl deserved a bit of a better attempt at portraying her majesty. If nothing else, JF seem to have been the vanguard (yeah, I know) of a trend to make more old bangers for FSX, and it remains my hope that we'll see the likes of Bristol Britannias, SUD Caravelles and other forgotten classics come out of their stable, so I can't help but say I like Just Flight for the possibility that they are the developer most likely to make that happen.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I got it like it but it does not take much to please me.I bought the Connie, the Viscount DC 6 and Comet all 4for under $30.00 a piece that was a good deal to me.

It really just does just show that we are all so different, because Al seems to feel the JF 737 is a reasonably good addon, and he found the DC-6 disappointing.I could not feel more the opposite; frankly I don't know how anyone can take anything positive or redeeming about the JF 737-200. For me, as has been said before by others, it looks, feels, sounds and performs like a 2004 product. Contrastlingly the DC-6, whilst possessing the usual "Aerosplane Heaven" slightly too clean, shiny VC, has so much more to offer, and what is offered is executed in such higher quality than that of the 737-200 IMHO.So we really all do measure things differently and see according to our unique and personal viewpoints. :(

(...) I don't know why I keep buying those JF/Aeroplane Heaven's aircraft, they have something and spirit, I really love that fleet.Cheers,Alex
Yeah, i guess that's what i like the most about JF's fleet - They have the spirit and as a developer, the courage, if i dare call it that, to release all these oldies nobody else cared about until now. I forgot to say i also have their DC-3 and i really loved it. It's shiny and new but it has the feel and i keep flying it. Good work there, definitely.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11