Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

missing library files maybe at anacortes

When flying from Arlington Mun to Anacortes I do get the following 3 missing library fileskawo.jpgon the attached GPS you can see whereabout I do get them.VFRArlingtonMuntoAnacortes.jpgI only have ORBX stuff installed. In this area I have anacortes installed but not skagit. so I guess it is a missing file at anacortes.If I find the culprit I will let you guys know.PLEASE NOTE:remember that you might not get this message unless you have added the entry below to your FSX.cfgThe entry I am talking about is under the [scenery] sectionMissingLibraryAlert=1if you havent added that entry then you just would not know about missing library files and then you will think everything is OK, when in reality there is a problem. it as FSX will not show that missing library files but it can come haunt you later with a CTD (not a definite, but a huge possibility as wwe all by now know very well) even if you have the FSUIP4 installed that is suppose to catch these CTD when FSX encounter missing library files

I've just added it, Blik: this is a nice find - lotsa kudos, mate!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

per Alex of ORBX"The objects missing were found to be agricultural harvesters that were dropped from the libraries at some point. Thanks for finding them, the missing objects have been noted"I must say they do give support to the "delimited people". Twice I posted there and both time within a day they have investigated the problem and acknowledge the problem, so even though we seem to be outcasts they still willing to look at our issues it seems, so if you do have a problem, try their support for limited users.

Edited by bliksimpie

per Alex of ORBX"The objects missing were found to be agricultural harvesters that were dropped from the libraries at some point. Thanks for finding them, the missing objects have been noted"I must say they do give support to the "delimited people". Twice I posted there and both time within a day they have investigated the problem and acknowledge the problem, so even though we seem to be outcasts they still willing to look at our issues it seems, so if you do have a problem, try their support for limited users.
I am really glad to hear that. Most of the ORBX people are really down to earth and helpful.Kind regards,

the problem with that alert I believe is that it will also flag refueling stations as missing objects which they are not. I wonder how you determine which missing object it might be?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Well in this case it is an actual missing object and will be corrected next library update according to alex..

I popped it in last night and had to disable it: I use the PNW, along with Jon Patch/Holger Sandeman's Vancouver+ and Don Grovestine's Victoria+, and I couldn't even taxi to 09 without three immediate errors at CYYJ. Bummer - big time. Does this mean I need to pass this info on to Don?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well ORBX know about my error and acknowledge the error, but I dont know the GUID number error you get. If it is the same as what I posted it should not be a problem. However if you getting other GUID numbers then I can only but say YES, let Jon know it can help others.I have finally found the culprit on my machine. It really it not that big a problem and I am sure you can fly around without having it deactivated. I have deactivated mine by adding .bak at the back of the file as below to test and have in the mean time removed it agin, but if you decide to deactivate it, please note that your scenery will be hugely different. I do not propose to deactivate it. rather just live with the issue. Orbx say they will fix it but did not give time line indication. Or maybe someone can make us a dummy library containing the 2 objects with the same GUID numbers, to use until they release new library set.Untitled-4.jpg