Sign in to follow this  
nicklep

My initial thoughts/issues on 737NGX

Hey,I bought 737NGX base pack a couple of days ago. I can't see the wingtips from the cockpit although I change the viewpoint. Are my wings ripped off or what? And I also can't see the nose section(or whatever it's called in English) from the cockpit window. The second issue is that some parts of the panel in front of the captain's seat are missing, this occurs only in 737-900NGX. I reinstalled and problem solved, but now the same again. What is more, I'd like to know what are the best sensitivity/ null zone settings for NGX, because I find the control column responding too slowly and it feels clumsy.PS. Please don't make a fuss over my spelling as I am not a native English speaker.Regards, Niko Leppänen

Edited by nicklep

You obviously never have been on the flight deck of a real 800. You can't see the wings or the nose section from the cockpit.

You obviously never have been on the flight deck of a real 800. You can't see the wings or the nose section from the cockpit.
I didn't mean the whole nose or wings. Winglets should be visible from the cockpit.

Try moving your eye point using the ctrl shift and backspace combinations and you should be able to see the wingtips on all the Ngx models.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

The tip of the wings and the "top" of the nose is visible from the cockpit, but only if you move your head. From where you start, you can not see them. Remember to run the game as administrator, makes things work much better in the NGX (thinking about the panel and such). And check if you have the latest version, but I guess you have the latest, since you just bought it.

Edited by BjornM

Ya the problem with the panel separating/disappearing in chunks on the -900 is a known issue. As for your issue with the viewpoint, the above posts explain it. The wings and nose are there, you just have to move your eyepoint/head around to be able to see them...just like the real -800.Now I suggest you get the 6/700 too! In the -600 you'll have no problem seeing the wingtips :(

While I haven't personally been up there, I've seen a picture from an -800 captain that clearly shows the winglets from the flight deck. And yes, it is definitely an -800, that's all his airline has.

Steve Caffey

No,they aren't.
Uh, yes, yes they are. Obviously you haven't been in the cockpit, or at least sat in the seat and looked out the window.

Matt Cee

Attached are a couple of pictures from the cockpit of the -800. To see the nose you have to raise up in your seat and to see the wing tips you have to get close to the side window and look back.Tom Hibben

Uh, yes, yes they are. Obviously you haven't been in the cockpit, or at least sat in the seat and looked out the window.
Oops, my bad, I had the 767 in mind. Actually, I'm on the flightdeck on a daily basis (not flying though)

Oops, my bad, I had the 767 in mind. Actually, I'm on the flightdeck on a daily basis (not flying though)
:)

Matt Cee

Attached are a couple of pictures from the cockpit of the -800. To see the nose you have to raise up in your seat and to see the wing tips you have to get close to the side window and look back.Tom Hibben
I do have tried to change the eyepoint as I told above, but still can't see them even if I moved eyepoint to all the way up/left. Edited by nicklep

I do have tried to change the eyepoint as I told above, but still can't see them even if I moved eyepoint to all the way up/left.
On which variant are you trying? Don't know if can see the winglets on the -900, but you can on the -800. And the nose section is there. You have to move your viewpoint a lot forward.

Matheus Mafra