Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Flight Simulator Videos on ***tube---Deceptive Titles

I was watching an aviation video on youtube and then I saw a link with a title that didn't have 'Flight Simulator' on it.In fact, without linking it directly, (posting links to youtube is not allowed here right?) here is the title.Stormy Airbus Cockpit Landing - Larnaca Intl [HD]Not only was it made to look like a 'real life cockpit' video, but there were no storms!!! No lightning even. No rain! You got it, yes, no storms! Sorry to repeat but this has to be bizarre!Then I watched this video and the aircraft lands at least half way down the runway where a go-around should have been initiated!I am seeing more and more of these 'idiot' videos pop up now. I am wondering, are kids with plenty of time on their hands making them? Or am I missing something here?Then another video has the title "FSX As Real As It Gets!!!". And I swear I have seen the 'description' on other flight simulator videos with the same level of very poor airmanship!!!

the wind is at 200 knt not 210 like it says in the video...sorry for that and the plane i set up to full loaded , - winds at Max, turbulence to severe, - All realism was set to hard, - , shear winds to max , so yes was a great challenge and the point is: EVERYTHING WAS JUST RECORD AND PUT IT TOGETHER AND UPLOAD!! NO EFFECTS!!!! ALL THE SHAKE CAMERA WAS MADE NATURALLY WITH THE MOUSE

At least the title had FSX in it but again this video was 'out of control'! Looks like the PIC had no idea what was going on. The description says 200kt winds? I know at that amount of windspeed aircraft would not be flying (even hurricanes don't produce that kind of windspeed, usually).Daniel

Edited by IAF747

I was watching an aviation video on youtube and then I saw a link with a title that didn't have 'Flight Simulator' on it. In fact, without linking it directly, (posting links to youtube is not allowed here right?) here is the title. Stormy Airbus Cockpit Landing - Larnaca Intl [HD] Not only was it made to look like a 'real life cockpit' video, but there were no storms!!! No lightning even. No rain! You got it, yes, no storms! Sorry to repeat but this has to be bizarre! Then I watched this video and the aircraft lands at least half way down the runway where a go-around should have been initiated! I am seeing more and more of these 'idiot' videos pop up now. I am wondering, are kids with plenty of time on their hands making them? Or am I missing something here? Then another video has the title "FSX As Real As It Gets!!!". And I swear I have seen the 'description' on other flight simulator videos with the same level of very poor airmanship!!!

the wind is at 200 knt not 210 like it says in the video...sorry for that and the plane i set up to full loaded , - winds at Max, turbulence to severe, - All realism was set to hard, - , shear winds to max , so yes was a great challenge and the point is: EVERYTHING WAS JUST RECORD AND PUT IT TOGETHER AND UPLOAD!! NO EFFECTS!!!! ALL THE SHAKE CAMERA WAS MADE NATURALLY WITH THE MOUSE

At least the title had FSX in it but again this video was 'out of control'! Looks like the PIC had no idea what was going on. The description says 200kt winds? I know at that amount of windspeed aircraft would not be flying (even hurricanes don't produce that kind of windspeed, usually). Daniel

You are missing nothing, they are just kiddies with too much time and they want to get lots of viewsAaron G.

This one caught me out the other day (I'll only link it since it's rather inappropriate)/watch?v=bvfmathErC4

To be fair, while that stormy video didn't say FSX in the title, it was clearly stated in the description and also listed in the search tags. Your right about the bad landing though :(

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

All his videos are labeled 'Stormy'They are not even done very well and his flying sucks :)

they want to get lots of views
True. They post links to their videos on all possible flightsim sites with the 'please subscribe' slogan! :(

Maybe Stormy is his name? Who knows...But there's lots of these videos, and some aren't even from FSX. I clicked on one that I thought would show WWII aircraft in action, and got some combat sim from the late 90s. They aren't necessarily "kids who with too much time on their hands" though. Just FS enthusiasts trying to show off thier skills. Playing FSX doesn't make you a pro, apparently.No real harm is done when you click thier link. Feel free to vote them down, and leave a comment like "Video is not what the description says", and move on.

Feel free to vote them down, and leave a comment like "Video is not what the description says", and move on.
... and I just checked and voting and comments are disabled for this video, so I guess all you can do is move on.

New to the internets? Haha this stuff has been going on for ages.

'Spose it's that or the 1,000,000th video of wing view of aircraft x landing at airport y.I don't have a problem with anyone posting such a vid (or most anything else) just not sure what the audience is.scott s..

Why is it that some people on YouTube desperately want subscriptions? Do you get a free HDTV with enough of them?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Why is it that some people on YouTube desperately want subscriptions? Do you get a free HDTV with enough of them?
15min of fame

15min of fame
Followed by 5 years of flame!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator