Sign in to follow this  
FernandoBR

RNAV Approach

Hello! I'm trying to fly a specific approach at SBVT that is a RNAV (GNSS) approach (chart - http://www.aisweb.ae...fd5ff&CFTOKEN=0). My FMS data is up to date (1202 AIRAC Cycle), but I can't find this approach listed at the DEP/ARR page (in fact I can only choose the runway, no stars or approaches are available). Is there a way to insert this waypoint manually at the LEGS page? I've searched this information at the FCOMv2 manual that comes with the aircraft but I was unable to find what I was looking for.I know I can enter a waypoint into the flight plan by entering Waypoint/Radial/Distance. Now I'm wondering how can I program this RNAV approach.Thanks.

It's possible that those RNAV points are in the database, but not arranged as a procedure. So yes, if they are on the DB, you can manually insert them. If not, just use place-bearing-distance points. The plate gives you all the info you'll need to do that. I've done it myself several times.If there's no approach procedure, then just choose the runway you want. In this case, RWY 05. It'll insert RW05 in the FMC, which is the point where the runway threshold is located. Just use it and try to work you way backwards. However, I think it won't work in the NGX. It will not recognize the RW05 as an actual point on which you can work PBD points. I believe it works on the real NG, but not on the NGX.

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

It's possible that those RNAV points are in the database, but not arranged as a procedure. So yes, if they are on the DB, you can manually insert them. If not, just use place-bearing-distance points. The plate gives you all the info you'll need to do that. I've done it myself several times.If there's no approach procedure, then just choose the runway you want. In this case, RWY 05. It'll insert RW05 in the FMC, which is the point where the runway threshold is located. Just use it and try to work you way backwards. However, I think it won't work in the NGX. It will not recognize the RW05 as an actual point on which you can work PBD points. I believe it works on the real NG, but not on the NGX.
Thanks for the answer, Matheus. Unfortunately the waypoints are not in the database. I think it's not possible to use place-bearing-distance points because, like you said, the FMS doesnt't recognize RWY 05 as a waypoint. It's only possible to insert this waypoint via DEP/ARR page, selecting RW 05. Is it possible to add this waypoint to the database? Perhaps using geographic coordinates ( telling the FMS for example that VT017 waypoint is S YYº YY.Y W YYº YY.Y ) ?

Is it possible to add this waypoint to the database?
Yes you can but there are no info onSBVT airport in SID STAR folder. I have (AIRAC Cycle : 1113)So you have to create yourself, go to Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGSIDSTARS create SBVT.txt add all info of LATLON and try to learn how to write a sid or an approach.Its' not finish I start to write some line go ahead I found chart at http://www.abrapiv.c...0-%20Vit%F3ria/This is a tutorial http://www.fsrunway.it/modules/Uploads/Uploads/ashaman/tutorial%20sid%20e%20star%20PMDG%20ENG.pdfFIXESFIX VT019 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT018 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT017 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT016 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT015 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT014 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VT013 LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VTR LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX VTRNB LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX BAFO LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX GAVOK LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX JOSNA LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxFIX MIMIR LATLON S xx xx.xxxxx W xx xx.xxxxENDFIXESRNWSRNW 05RNW 23ENDRNWSSIDSSID BAFORNW 23 TRK 267 UNTIL 3000 FIX BAFO AT OR ABOVE 6000RNW 05 TRK 053 FIX OVERFLY VTRNB TURN LEFT OVERFLY VTRNB TRK 263 UNTIL 10 AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX BAFOENDSIDSAPPROACHESAPPROACH VORD23 FIX VTRNB 4000ENDAPPROACHES Edited by simbio

There is an old SBVT.txt file in my stars directory, but it only has a GATE section and is missing everything else. Wonder where that came from. At least it's in the airport.dat and wpnavapt.txt navdata files.

Dan Downs KCRP