Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Where are you flying your JetProp

Great Stuff Lifeguard! Wish you a good weather for the upcoming atlantic legs!By the way I would like to thank Kevin Michael who makes a couple of german repaints for me also. Really appreciate his work.@Andreas:Welcome back after your holidays!Cheers,Mark

Today is the last leg to Cranfield, U.K. Yesterday's flights were interesting. The good weather on arrival at BGBW went away and in the morning conditions were MVFR with light snow and low clouds. The PC-12 pilot I gave the fuel to called us up at the hotel and warned us we better get ready to leave because the weather was only going to get worse. We took off and climbed through the clouds and caught a nice tailwind to Keflavik, Iceland. The weather wasn't much better there with ice on the Runway 20.2012-3-19_11-52-30-572.jpgAfter refueling at Keflavik, we departed for The Faroes islands. I couldn't help but think that Iceland looked a lot greener than Greenland did as we flew over it.2012-3-19_12-44-4-236.jpgWe made an ILS approach throught the rain and low clouds to land at EKVG-Vagar in The Faroe Islands. We didn't see any other aircraft parked near the terminal. Vagar has a hotel near the airport that we stayed at last night.2012-3-19_14-42-57-765.jpgParked by the tower, we were immediately greeted by a friendly Customs Officer. After a short inspection of the interior of the aircraft, he cleared us. We think he just wanted a closer look at the sexy, new JetProp!2012-3-19_14-50-21-374.jpg

Weather in Vagar was poor this morning with fog at the airport. We had to make an IFR takeoff. Here is what EKVG looked like as we waited for IFR clearance from the tower.2012-3-20_11-2-6-777.jpgThe takeoff and flight across the was smooth. Here we got our first glimpse of the Hebrides Islands thanks to clear skies. The airport at the bottom of the picture is Stornaway.2012-3-20_12-25-52-263.jpgAfter parking and shutting G-PRIX down at Cranfield, our happy customer, a retired Formula One driver from the 1990's, takes our picture. Cranfield is an authorized Piper maintenance center in the U.K. so G-PRIX will get a once over by the technicians before she flies again to be sure every thing is okay. The total flight time from Spokane to Cranfield was 22 hours and 39 minutes over eight legs.The next step is drive to Heathrow in London for a nice, easy flight back this weekend on a big, comfortable British Airways Boeing 777 to Denver. But first, I will visit some friends in Shrewton, Wiltshire for a couple of days.2012-3-20_14-30-26-628.jpgBill

Bill I'm sure Enjoying the Geography lesson, I wish you Fair Skies and Full Tanks.

Nice shots (again). That AOPA detail never came to my attention so far, I must admit.

Guest Mik75

Yesterday, I took her from Frankfurt Egelsbach to Nice Cote d'Azur. A lovely and beautiful plane over a stunning scenery, that's what flightsimming is about!

On a first testflight from EBBR to EHAM late afternoon.

2012-4-3_20-59-24-347.jpg

:shok: WOW!!!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Nice pictures. The third one looks like you are chasing three UFO's into the clouds. Two of them are above your left wing and one below it. :Alien:

Excellent pictures Dolf. I recently purchased the P46 and have really been enjoying it.

Chris

Chris Bremmer

The third one looks like you are chasing three UFO's into the clouds. Two of them are above your left wing and one below it. :Alien:

Very nice pictures indeed. A big wow on the colours. Keep on chasing those UFOs. :biggrin: