Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

NGX Boxed version arrived!

Hello,As the tilte says! Finally I got it! I installed it immediatetly and next to that I faced two experiences. The DJX - Drop Jaw Xperience and the FCX - Full Cockpit Xperience. Amazing internal/external model, with all systems running appropriately. Sitting inside the cockpit it felt like the real thing! And the sounds!!I will do the tutorials but first I would love to do something properly. I plan to make a ferry/delivery flight from Boeing Field KBFI to EDDH but before, I have to learn all the systems of this beauty. So for now, you will find me at Boeing field in the cockpit messing with systems, buttons and switches :( .One question: After the installation there was a window popping up asking me to install the Microsoft Direct X because, as the message suggested, there might be a problem of running the NGX. Of course I installed it but what exactly is that Direct X?Thank you PMDG team of bringing us such a masterpiece

Panos,The DirectX runtimes are required for a lot of the airplane to work (displays and sound are the two big things that use it) - it's a normal Microsoft thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Ryan,I thought the DirectX is already installed in the windows.Thank you for your fast response

Hello Ryan,I thought the DirectX is already installed in the windows.Thank you for your fast response
Hi!Yes DX is installed, it just needs updating.Cheers,

Yes DX is installed, it just needs updating.
Does not need to strictly be "updating". DirectX is a massive piece of software with big history and as such consists of many libraries and such, that might not be installed even if "basic" DirectX is installed, or, if for some reason, a piece of software needs an older version of a part of DirectX.

Does not need to strictly be "updating". DirectX is a massive piece of software with big history and as such consists of many libraries and such, that might not be installed even if "basic" DirectX is installed, or, if for some reason, a piece of software needs an older version of a part of DirectX.
In other words, updating it :(

I plan to make a ferry/delivery flight from Boeing Field KBFI to EDDH but before, I have to learn all the systems of this beauty. So for now, you will find me at Boeing field in the cockpit messing with systems, buttons and switches :( .
That's what I also did when first getting the NGX. I'd suggest you to make a fuel stop in Keflavik on your route. Flying around Boeing Field is also great, expecially if you've already got the ORBX FTX PNW scenery which is making this area looking very nice. Just make sure to look out of the window while flying around in this beautiful bird, as there are quite a few mountains in this area.Wish you the best for your future flights in your new Boeing 737NGX.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hello,As the tilte says! Finally I got it! I installed it immediatetly and next to that I faced two experiences. The DJX - Drop Jaw Xperience and the FCX - Full Cockpit Xperience. Amazing internal/external model, with all systems running appropriately. Sitting inside the cockpit it felt like the real thing! And the sounds!!I will do the tutorials but first I would love to do something properly. I plan to make a ferry/delivery flight from Boeing Field KBFI to EDDH but before, I have to learn all the systems of this beauty. So for now, you will find me at Boeing field in the cockpit messing with systems, buttons and switches :( .One question: After the installation there was a window popping up asking me to install the Microsoft Direct X because, as the message suggested, there might be a problem of running the NGX. Of course I installed it but what exactly is that Direct X?Thank you PMDG team of bringing us such a masterpiece
These were also my first impressions. I´ve flown several times with ah 737-700 in RW and when I start up the engines in the NGX, it sound exacly the same! That sound package is the very best I´ve ever heared. And after flying that babe for about 2 months now, I can´t fly anything else! :(
I plan to make a ferry/delivery flight from Boeing Field KBFI to EDDH but before, I have to learn all the systems of this beauty. So for now, you will find me at Boeing field in the cockpit messing with systems, buttons and switches .
To be honest, I forgot to do that. that woudl have been to long for me. My longest NGX flight will be tomorrow: With SWA 1413 from Phoenix to Minneapolis (Something arround 3 hours.) and afterwards maybe the cross atlantic flight with Sun Country from Minneapolis to Stansted via Gander.

That's what I also did when first getting the NGX. I'd suggest you to make a fuel stop in Keflavik on your route. Flying around Boeing Field is also great, expecially if you've already got the ORBX FTX PNW scenery which is making this area looking very nice
Emanuel, I agree totally but as I have two great packages, the GEX North America and the FSGlobal Ultimate the Americas, do you think I might have compatibility problems between them and the ORBX FTX PNW?
To be honest, I forgot to do that. that woudl have been to long for me. My longest NGX flight will be tomorrow: With SWA 1413 from Phoenix to Minneapolis (Something arround 3 hours.) and afterwards maybe the cross atlantic flight with Sun Country from Minneapolis to Stansted via Gander
Steffen, very interesting schedule you have there. For sure I will do that crossing a bit later but at the moment I'm digging deep into the systems . Who knows, perhaps I will get an anxiety attack before the attempt :(