Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

PILOT's FS Global Ultimate the Americas question

Hello,I am a registered user of FSGlobal Ultimate the Americas and I had some questions to make after the installation. I wrote an email to the PILOT's web site more than a week, without getting any any answer from them since then. Do they exist or do I have to wait longer?Anyway, as long as I don't have a reply from them I would like to ask you here.After the installation, except the new .bgl files, I got two tools: The FS Global terrain cfg tool and the Airport Elevation Tool (AFX). What actually these tools are doing? I open the first, and it is totally empty and the second is just a demo.There is also another tool in their web site, the AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes that according to what they say, registered users of Ultimate the Americas they can get it for free. Well, I don't see it in 'my downloads' folder. Perhaps I am missing something I don't know.Thank you so much in advance for your help

Guest jahman

This is a continuation of this thread.

1. FS Global terrain cfg tool I have no idea what this does. Where are you getting information on this tool from? Perhaps then I could assist.
  2. AFX - Airport Elevation Tool Lets you change the elevation of any airport to better suit the surrounding elevation mesh, but then your airport elevation might not match the airport's elevation in teh Real World!
  3. AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes is a DVD (large size! not downloadable!) that lets you flatten the elevation mesh next to any airport (all 24,000 airports in FSX are covered) so that the airport can have the proper altitude and still fit the sutrrounding elevation mesh. See here for more info. If you are a registered owner of FSG - Americas (login here, then register here) you can order AFM for free here (a 7 Euro shipping fee aplies), otherwise AFM is 30 Euros. If you purchased FSG - Europe/Africa, the AFM DVD is already included in the box!

Cheers,- jahman.

FS Global terrain cfg toolI have no idea what this does. Where are you getting information on this tool from? Perhaps then I could assist.
I have no idea either. As I stated in my previous post, after the installation I got this tool without knowing its function.
AFX - Airport Elevation ToolLets you change the elevation of any airport to better suit the surrounding elevation mesh, but then your airport elevation might not match the airport's elevation in teh Real World!
Yes correct, but again as I said before, this is a demo and do my understanding, if its a demo, it doesn't function 100%. Now that means what? in the future we will get the fully AFX Tool or it has replaced by the AFM? The description of AFX and AFM is quite similar.
AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshesis a DVD (large size! not downloadable!) that lets you flatten the elevation mesh next to any airport (all 24,000 airports in FSX are covered) so that the airport can have the proper altitude and still fit the sutrrounding elevation mesh. See here for more info. If you are a registered owner of FSG - Americas (login here, then register here) you can order AFM for free here
I went through all these much earlier.
This is a continuation of this thread.
The reason I started this new thread is because I wanted to point out that there is no communication between them and the customer. If you read again my previous post, you will see that I make these questions, via an email, without getting any answer from them so far, and that is more than a week.Thank you so much of trying helping me.

Guest jahman
Yes correct, but again as I said before, this is a demo and do my understanding, if its a demo, it doesn't function 100%. Now that means what?
The demo mode of ASFX only lets you change the altitude of the airport (and related airport elements). You need the full version of AFX here to be able to fully edit any feature of an airport. Or you can use FSX Planner (free) here.
in the future we will get the fully AFX Tool or it has replaced by the AFM? The description of AFX and AFM is quite similar.
No, you will not get a full version of AFX because you don't need the full version for the purposes of adjusting airport altitudes for FS Global products.Although similar, AFX and AFM are actually opposites: AFX adjusts the airport altitude to better match the surrounding scenery, while AFM adjusts the surrounding scenery to better match the airport altitude.Note that many FSX default airports ship with the wrong altitude so you may need to use both AFX and AFM: First use AFX to correct the airport altitude so it matches the Real World, then test the change you made in FSX, then only if you still have problems with the surrounding scenery matching-up with the airport, use AFM to flatten the scenery around the airport.
The reason I started this new thread is because I wanted to point out that there is no communication between them and the customer. If you read again my previous post, you will see that I make these questions, via an email, without getting any answer from them so far, and that is more than a week.
I checked with the developper yesterday on a different question and got an almost instant answer. Try sending your email from a different email address, as your ISP might be blocking the developpers email reply due to spam (spammers like to use valid email addresses from others for the "from:" field.)
Thank you so much of trying helping me.
You're welcome!Cheers,- jahman.

jahman,your answers were so crystal clear that actually I don't need to contact the developer.Thanks once again

Guest jahman

Thanks for the compliment! Feel free to click the green buttons on any posts you feel useful :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.