Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

TrackIr HELP!

I just installed Trackir 5 and it sucks!! I cant move my head without it jumping all over the place, I am using an iMac with the track clip mounted and a hat. I am also using a modified fs2004 profile for use with fsx. What can I do????

Use this profile below. Put this file into your Programfiles(x86)/Naturalpoint/Trackir5/profile folder Then make these settings speed =1 smooth =10 set up your hot keys one for off and the other for centering make sure under titles / flightsimulator x you choose Stephen 1 as the profile. Then make sure under the profile tab it says Stephen 1Joshhttp://www.mediafire...brf9a96k2icnv89

Edited by JoshKemp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Use this profile below. Put this file into your Programfiles(x86)/Naturalpoint/Trackir5/profile folder Then make these settings speed =1 smooth =10 set up your hot keys one for off and the other for centering make sure under titles / flightsimulator x you choose Stephen 1 as the profile. Then make sure under the profile tab it says Stephen 1Joshhttp://www.mediafire...brf9a96k2icnv89
Yea I tried your settings and now I cant even look forward...

I have a problem like this if direct sunlight or a bright light is reflected on my face or body. Try it again in a few hours.-Damien

Although not using trackIR 5 im using 4, It is very very hard to get used to, even after about a year of using it I sometime still find myself not even getting it started as i just cant seem to get the hang of it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I am using Track IR4, with the TIR5 software, and absolutely love it. I just could not fly without it.I would highly recommend - reading up on the manual, play with and adjust the settings to your liking , it is highly customizable.If getting any jumpiness from light coming through a window, or lamp behind the desk, play with the light filtering - increase it to reduce this where possible.Assign the pause and centering commands to joystick if possible - I find myself using those two commands throughout my flight. Re-assign those commands to new keys if necessary, I have mine re-assigned to the arrow keys and programmed onto my joystick.I also use the precision mode for additional smoothness.Look at the camera window in the software, make sure those three green dots are all that is showing, and somewhat centered on that window - adjust the Track IR device to achieve this.I started with the flight profile, and adjusted it to my liking for FSX.

I just installed Trackir 5 and it sucks!! I cant move my head without it jumping all over the place, I am using an iMac with the track clip mounted and a hat. I am also using a modified fs2004 profile for use with fsx. What can I do????
You could read the manual, search the interwebs, and try properly setting up your $160 hardware. (basically what everyone else has said) Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Open TrackIR 5Make sure Speed is no more the .5Smoothi is no less than 30Click on the "Camera" tabTurn "Light Filter Threshold" to 200These settings are what works best for me, and I am able to use it in a room that is not dark :)It does take some getting used too...also, if you want to look way down, like at the center pedestal, look up a little, like at your light switches...then center....then look down....same only reversed for looking up...look at your yoke, then center, then look up at the overhead....It took me a couple days to get used to it, but now I wouldn't fly without it....

I also had problems with erratic movements when the direct very bright sunlight was falling on the wall behind me. I took me months to figure that one out :Nerd:I can't fly without TIr anymore. For me it was just a few flights and I was used to it, I guess it's different for everybody.