Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manny

What material to use for the front panel dashboard?

OK.. I have most of the gauges (8 of em) from Flight Illusion on a 3mm metal plate cutout for the gauges.. thats about 18 inches by10 inches with holes in the corner to scew the whole thing into a front panel cut out.I also have a bunch of Go Flight modules for Radios and switches that needs to go next to the Flight Illusion gaugesI have 2 of the Saiket Flight Instrument gauges for engine gauges. I plan to get more..So I would have a total of 4 such Saitek insturment gauges.I have the Go Flight MCP Pro panel set.At present all of them are lying around the table in front of my monitor... they are not anchored to anything.Its now time for me to build the front panel and anchor all these items to it.What is the best material to use so I can cut out using basic tools to anchor these units?I am thinking a 3 mm cardboard is too light and may not hold the weight of these gauages. I can make a wooden frame. But not exactly sure what material to use for the big panel in the front.Any ideas and options? Please adviceMannyWhat I am shooting for is a general non turbo twin engine cockpit... But with the MCP Pro, I could still fly the heavies (PMDG etc) ...using my 6 pack (actually dirol.gif Flight illusion gauge. I like flying with the analog gauges vs vs glass.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello

Two material options:

- Aluminium sheetmetal plate 1.5mm

- 2.5mm Plywood (add maybe some wooden ribs for stiffness)

Good luck

Thanks Major Fibbs.. I bought some 3mm Hardboard. I am trying to see if that would do/

I need to look at Aluminium too

Manny