Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Auto-rudder?

And there it is, chiselled in stone for all the world to see lol

Apologies! Also, why the heck can't I edit my original post and strikeout my ignorant statement?

When I installed X-Plane 9 while ago I soon found out that payware aircrafts are the way to go. I liked the sim from the first moment but had big problems with the default aircrafts. So, beeing an experienced MS simmer I tried to install freeware aircrafts from the org, but almost every test flight ended in frustration. Then I discovered the aircrafts by Jason Chandler, http://www.c74.net/xplane/ Those kept me going and I found out that XP is a great flightsim. I would recommend the Piper Package to XP beginners and the Learjet 25 for those who like it more fast. But there's more over there. As ist has been said before here, XP is great, but keep away from those default aircrafts.

I have the Carenado Bonanza in my X-Plane. It's not like I was going to buy it and gave up the idea. I don't like Carenado since a long time ago, when they released airplanes with totally ridiculous FDE, and then when everybody complained, they just moved to do another aircraft, which amazingly everybody bought too, and started complain right after that, and that was the cycle. They started doing better airplanes recently, but it was only when Bernt Stolle started doing their FDE that their aircraft started being more than a pretty 3d model, and he did that because his favorite planes were beautifully done, but flying it had nothing to do with the experience he had in real life.So, I'm not going to stop buying addons for my simulators, but from Carenado I don't buy anything more, I didn't like them before, I gave it a shot, and I don't like them now. That's how I feel, I'd rather get my money to people that REALLY deserve, like the A2A team, the BayTower RV-7 team, the PMDG team, the FlightSimLabs team, people who beta test their products for months, if not years before releasing to public.
Well unfortunately mantras in the flight sim world tend to stay whether valid or not. Best FMs, crashes all the time, flies on rails, game not a sim etc.There are some fm' s Carenado has done that I don't care for-the Baron being one.On the other hand I owned a Debonair for 11 years-and I am gonna restate- if you want to know what is like to fly an f33 on a flat computer screen this plane is gonna be it...that simple.

Well unfortunately mantras in the flight sim world tend to stay whether valid or not. Best FMs, crashes all the time, flies on rails, game not a sim etc.There are some fm' s Carenado has done that I don't care for-the Baron being one.On the other hand I owned a Debonair for 11 years-and I am gonna restate- if you want to know what is like to fly an f33 on a flat computer screen this plane is gonna be it...that simple.
I'm glad that of all Carenado products, I bought the best one!!And the dynamic world of X-Plane makes it nice to land an airplane Edited by Alec

Alexis Mefano