Sign in to follow this  
tex1763

P3D and Iv

Hi everybody, I could not find any topic about that so far, sorry if it has already been discussed.I have been using P3D for some weeks and recently I started to fly online in Ivao with it, as I was used in FS9/FSX.Everything seems ok, I can see myself connected and I can interact with ATCs through IVAP, but I cannot see any Ivao traffic in the simulator, just the AI traffic (which I would not expect).SInce I spent most time in installing and testing add-ons and tuning performances, maybe I missed something about multisession capabilities or differences between FSX and P3D.I run IVAP on a networked notebook through WideFS, but the configuration seems ok to me.Could it has anything to do with my issue?Thanks for any suggestionsEDIT title was obviously P3D and IVAO

Edited by tex1763

Hi Stefano,I would suggest going to the the Prepar3D forums: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/ ,where this topic has been in discussion under many threads. In the search field type in "IVAO" and a list will come up of all the topics.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Thanks for answering, I followed the advice and browsed the P3D forum but couldn't find any solution. Also posted the issue in P3D forum and in Ivao forum as well, but so far no answer. JN says they just did not test the sim with those packages.Should I really give up flying online with Prepar3D, since it's quite difficult to connect in crowded airports being seen but unable to see other traffics?

Hi Stefano,There may not as of yet be a solution to the Ivao issue. With the thousands of add-ons available for FSX, it is not feasible or logical for the Prepar3D team to ensure they all work with their platform. It is solely up to the the 3rd party developers to ensure their products work with Prepar3D, though the Prepar3D dev team will try to assist when possible. It is up to the 3PDs to develope around the Prepar3D platform, not the other way around. In time as the user base grows for Prepar3D, I'm sure a solution will eventually reveal its self. These things just take time.As to whether you should give up flying online with Prepar3D is a question only you can answer. What I can say, is if you choose to give up, then you are one less reason for the developers of IVAO to create a solution in the future.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

I perfectly agree that compatibility between P3D and add-ons is a general issue and in most cases we just have to wait a bit longer.But in this case I'm not sure whether it's a configuration problem of mine or somebody else managed to have Ivap full working with visible traffic.I would have expected a little more discussion about it since most simmers fly online on both Vatsim and Ivao. .

I found the solution, the key is, after installing MTLs, to add the entrySimObjectPaths.x=SimObjectsIVAO_MTLin [Main] section of prepar3D.cfg.In my case x was 6, since I don't use the SimObjectsSubmersible path.Hope it can help and avoid some headache.RegardsStefano