Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohsirus

Short Video of my WIP SIMPIT

Slowly coming together, some measurements slightly off, but have gotten most everything in place now. Just have to run the cables, install the hubs & monitors, then the dreaded setup of devices.

BeforeDSC01042.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi ohsirus Its Very nice. My current set up is pretty much like your "before" set up and I am trying to start buidling to get to your "after" setup. I have a couple of Q if I may. 1) What material are you using for the front panel board where you have cut outs for those Go flight gauges? IS it hardboard 1/8" thick? 2) What did you use to cut those cut outs? 3) what material/wood did you have for enclosing the go flight MCP Pro? Is it some sort of MDF? If so what type are you using? Any help in getting me started would be really helpful and much appreciated. Thanks Manny

The entire setup is MDF and I only adjusted the cuts made by a startup company I commsioned www.pastimeaviation.com with my idea. I know my limitations, but from what I gathered alot of thecutout were made using a standard router. I took a power jigsaw to tweak some of the holes. I would email the guys there Michael as it was his frame design and he's very helpful.ada16ee2.jpgf821ba03.jpg1d031c20.jpgfa0b1eb6.jpg892384b4.jpg731c9eae.jpg6e5972a4.jpg

Well spent the day wiring up and never realized how many USB ports this lil project would require. Got everything wired up, just need to bring my PC online now. Just made a last minute run to Home Depot as a new idea sprang into my head and I need to see how I can bring it to life.2f6859a9.jpg4b69eae5.jpgf37b8cab.jpg

Decided to build some kind of overhead enclosure. So picked up some Black posterboard and pipe insulation, just have to staple them to the frame and recut a few pieces to give me a cozier feeling.65b1f1cc.jpg33ec8775.jpg

Holy USB cables!Great job on the pit. I see you got the wife in on it too, did you let her try it at least? (my wife HATES it, but it keeps me out of her hair)

ohsirus, have a question.On your "before shot" you have two displays acting as your PFDs. Can you give me more info on those as to who makes them, sizes, details of any type on those screens? Touchscreens, cost, etc. thx,ClutchPS - is that the new "minature" overhead I have heard about sitting on the floor in your video?

Those are two 10.4in Lilliput TouchScreen monitors with DVI/HDMI/VGA inputs. I had three as I was using the third as a FMC till I got the CDU2. They are great, Lilliput has some of the best touch screen monitors you'll find, I think they were about 200US each.Yeah, that's the miniature overhead, got it for 20%off at X-mas, but I think the price has dropped again.