Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Posted on Orbx and deserves to be here.

what a shame.. I went there to cyvk and it is all screwey, its like a plateau effect.. the runway is sunken in the ground and it doesn't take long and fsx crashes.. all airport around it are ok and work, great, so I know I have my layers correct. i did notice that at cyka, just south of there.. there were a bunch of houses floating..i did update starks and I wonder if that has something to do with it ,, i then installed the latest pnw 4a patch as well as the latest lib files..anything else I should know about?
Do you have any other afcad for CYVK if so remove it. Make shure that the CYVK scenery dosent have a off in FSX/Scenery/world/ade_ftx_NRM_cyvk if it does change it to a bgl file or just delete it and it will make a new one.Also read Holgers post hereHi Fritz,ase Davepdx points out it's probably an additional CYVK airport or elevation file. I'd suggest a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tre for any .bgl file with CYVK as part of its name. The only files that should be active are three NRM CYVK files, in ORBXFTX_NAFTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERYScenery, and the airport elevation correction file "ADE_FTX_NRM_CYVK_elevation_adjustment.bgl" in SceneryWorldscenery.@ Davepdx: interesting find about those flip-flopping terrain textures. This can sometimes happen with overlapping landclass polygons; I'll have a look at the area for the upcoming NRM service pack.Cheers, Holger

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

because I use to interact on Orbx forums with Holger, now that I have been banned from their forums I have no way or chatting about some enhancements I am working on.I used to interact with Holger a decade back long before VOZ and the other Korby stuff. Very helpful teacher. Learned some tricks with Ground2K4 from him. I have several sceneries almost ready to go for Orbx enhancements, Banff, Port Hardy, Exeshaw Mines. The situation with Orbx has taken a lot of the fun out of it, sort of don`t care to develop freeware for Orbx anymore. Recently uploaded CAM3 though. We will see, I might get the energy up again.
You were contributing freeware and they banned you? Hmmm. Well, if it makes you feel any better, we would accept your uploads here with open arms (but I assume you already knew that)...Holger has been a mainstay and stalwart contributor to our hobby for years and years. We have always supported his work, and I hope someday to see him more active here.

Do you have any other afcad for CYVK if so remove it. Make shure that the CYVK scenery dosent have a off in FSX/Scenery/world/ade_ftx_NRM_cyvk if it does change it to a bgl file or just delete it and it will make a new one.Also read Holgers post hereHi Fritz,ase Davepdx points out it's probably an additional CYVK airport or elevation file. I'd suggest a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tre for any .bgl file with CYVK as part of its name. The only files that should be active are three NRM CYVK files, in ORBXFTX_NAFTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERYScenery, and the airport elevation correction file "ADE_FTX_NRM_CYVK_elevation_adjustment.bgl" in SceneryWorldscenery.@ Davepdx: interesting find about those flip-flopping terrain textures. This can sometimes happen with overlapping landclass polygons; I'll have a look at the area for the upcoming NRM service pack.Cheers, Holger
ahhh.. the culprit was ultimate terrain Canada,, I *.xxx out those cyvk files and all is good,, man that is a terrific area to fly into/around,, looks really fantastic.

Ciao!

You were contributing freeware and they banned you? Hmmm. Well, if it makes you feel any better, we would accept your uploads here with open arms (but I assume you already knew that)...Holger has been a mainstay and stalwart contributor to our hobby for years and years. We have always supported his work, and I hope someday to see him more active here.
No Tom, it wasn't the freeware stuff that got me into trouble over there, although I had my wrists slapped a couple of times when I mentioned peopleflow and instant scenery related to their products. My trouble was all done in PMs I assume as I did not ever get personal over there in their forums. I guess I'm just a high maintenance guy...lol.My last upload here was CAM3 a short time back Tom. Compatible with Orbx PNW....folks seemed to like it.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

ahhh.. the culprit was ultimate terrain Canada,, I *.xxx out those cyvk files and all is good,, man that is a terrific area to fly into/around,, looks really fantastic.
By the by, there are a number of UTX airports that can cause trouble in NRM. You can disable them in UTX by going to "Terrain > Modify Staus of Repositioned Airports". canadianairportstodisab.jpgCheers,Fritz

hey thanks for that.. I went through that right now and disabled what you have there. I didn't know that was built in as one of the tools.

Ciao!