Sign in to follow this  
Valcor

Default Rooftops

This has been an age old problem with my FTX install and I've never followed up on if a fix is out there for it. When flying in default areas when FTX NA is enabled, I get corrupted/misplaced rooftop textures. The textures on top of most flat roof commercial type buildings displays what looks like the side arches of residential dwellings. When I disable FTX, the problem goes away. I also have GEX, so it could have something to do with those two not playing nice together.I'll try and grab a screenshot later if no one is sure what I'm talking about.

This has been an age old problem with my FTX install and I've never followed up on if a fix is out there for it. When flying in default areas when FTX NA is enabled, I get corrupted/misplaced rooftop textures. The textures on top of most flat roof commercial type buildings displays what looks like the side arches of residential dwellings. When I disable FTX, the problem goes away. I also have GEX, so it could have something to do with those two not playing nice together.I'll try and grab a screenshot later if no one is sure what I'm talking about.
Hi Dave,The "gabled roofs" on their sides on top of a lot of autogen industrial buildings was an FSX bug that came right out of the box, similiar to the flashing clouds and a number of other faults. BTW, that is one of the reasons I cannot understand those who "brag" at having no tweaks, fixes or adjustments in FSX, as if they have more hair on their chest or something.There is quite a history about an ORBX "gable roof" fix that was the subject of a rather public heated and ugly dispute between the management of ORBX and the management of UTX. If I remember right ORBX came out with a fix that worked worldwide but which allegedly interfered with autogen in UTX areas and complicated their product.Afterward I think ORBX withdrew the general fix but introduced a version that solved the problem for FTX. I never fly outside of FTX areas so I don't know how that works outside now. When you say it is OK with FTX disabled are you referring to using FTX central to reinstall default, or unticking it in the library?Kind regards,

Cant be fixed unless you disable FTX and switch to 'FSX Default' in the control panel.If you fly out of FTX coverage into UTX/GEX (or default) you will get that problem.FTX uses a custom autogen file and terrain.cfg

I sort of remember the bad blood you mentioned Stephen, which is why I avoided the official forums because I think that is only thing I learned previously.Yes, I am using FTX Central to set scenery to default. Many times, I like to do Air Hauler type flights that originate or terminate outside FTX coverage, and seeing those goofy rooftops in default areas always sets me off. I was hoping a work-around had been found, but it seems not to be.Thanks to you both for your help!