Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Night Sky Gone!

I can no longer get a night sky no matter what I do, whether using default, REX or ASE weather. I am using REX textures. HELP! Any suggestions?553Night.pngKind regards,

Rebuild your shader cache? If that doesn't work, try testing the Shader3 mod to see if it helps at all.

Location in FS?
C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX/Shaders.Delete the "Shaders" and FSX will build a new one.Do NOT delete Shaders 10!Kind regards,Good idea Ben.Thanks! Had forgotten about that. I have to delete the shaders each time on startup, but when I do, all is OK. Something wrong somewhere in the loading, but I can live with it for now I guess.Kind regards,

I think Jim meant geographic location, as my first thought was are you in an area where you might get the midnight sun.
Oh! :( LOLOLOLOL! :( That shot is in Jefferson County, but the problem is universal.Kind regards,

I did, but I knew Stephen would figure it out after awhile!Yes extreme N or S locations do show midnight sun properties.

Hi Stephen,Check the Microsoft Flight Simulator XTexture folder, there should be numerous sky_*.bmp's ranging from afternoon, dawn, midnight,morning, noon, postdawn etc, 140 .bmp's to be exact, are they all there? It looks as though you have a sky texture set in your screenshot otherwise it would be blank. Have you run a defrag program lately? I am wondering if some of the files were affected.

\Robert Hamlich/

I was stuck on nights not long ago . I just reload REX and overwrit the program. Doesn,t take long . Not exactly the answer for a techhead but it works !!

Thanks! Had forgotten about that. I have to delete the shaders each time on startup, but when I do, all is OK. Something wrong somewhere in the loading, but I can live with it for now I guess.
You could likely code a simple .BAT to delete the shader folder then launch FSX.

Stephen, did you mess with the SHADE time of day settings in the GUI by any chance?

Stephen, did you mess with the SHADE time of day settings in the GUI by any chance?
Yes sir, I may have done so. I did set something to do with day settings!

Ah.....just load a preset and clone it from day 1.Think that should fix it.

Glenn, I did that with SHADE and nothing changed, I uninstalled and reinstalled the REX textures and the night sky is back. However if I use Shade even once during the day the same thing happens and I have to undo and do REX again to restore them once more. Obviously I am doing something very wrong with SHADE. I think I need some help with it, that's for sure.Kind regards,

Gidday Stephen,Here is a couple of links that might help. first one is how the pre sets work, and the second is a preset I use with rex and shade. Not the ENB though, which is mentioned. I use this preset for all Orbx areas, including PNW. it is wonderful, well to me anyway. see if that helps.http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/124-breaking-the-10-day-shade-cycle-limit/http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9776-shade-preset-k-and-w-1/CheersJulian

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.