Sign in to follow this  
FSP532

2D (and now also 3D) graphic corruption

Good afternoon gents,I was getting graphics corruption (and a terrain.dll CTD) so I formated and re-installed Windows 7 + FSX, this time I didn't installed Acceleration Pack but only installed SP2.Now after installed everything, the graphic corruption is back, and it happens not only with LVL-D 767 but also with the Wilco Airbus A320. Tried rebuilding FSX.cfg and the only tweak now is the HIGHMEMFIX, because my computer is old. I don't get any corruption from other 3D apps, mainly because this puter is only for FSX :DThe graphic card (9500 GT) is NOT overclocked, only the CPU, from 2.2 GHz to 2.7. It's a dual-core E4500. Prime95 is stable all night long. NVidia Inspector is 1.9.5.9, driver is 285.62 WHQL and the settings are only as follow: http://img.techpower...0226_175008.pngPlease, has anyone experienced this? It also happens sometimes (but not a greater extent) in the 3D gauges.Please help.Thanks in advance.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Wierd, but I'd say it points to some sort of hardware problem with you're graphics card. If you have nVidia Inspector what sort of temperature is it reporting when you see this corruption? Either high temp or your cards just on its way out.That sort of corruption is not software related and won't be fixed by reinstalling.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

+1 here - you'll need to spend some $$$ for a new graphic card and very soon, since this one is dying regardless of what any kind of software "reporters" has to say.

The only other thing I might mention, is to make sure you card is seated properly and that the power cable(s) to the card are connected properly. Maybe blow out the dust with some compressed air if the fan on the card is clogged up. Of course, if you never open your box, then it is unlikely that these would have come loose on their own. As Tom says, your card is probably on its way out, and the stress of running a graphically-intensive program is causing it to heat up too much.

hi,i have the same problem and i have new gpu gtx580,when u have this problem go to views and uncheck full view,but maybi in next fly fly u will have the same problem ,but i dont thing is problem of card

hi,i have the same problem and i have new gpu gtx580,when u have this problem go to views and uncheck full view,but maybi in next fly fly u will have the same problem ,but i dont thing is problem of card
Agreed. Its very common with the LevelD. It just fails to properly render the panel bitmaps. Usually a reload or changing from windowed to full screen wii fix it. Never seen the issue in FS2004! Edited by Barnstormer1

Agreed. Its very common with the LevelD. It just fails to properly render the panel bitmaps. Usually a reload or changing from windowed to full screen wii fix it. Never seen the issue in FS2004!
Yes, I had that same thing happen with the level D with 3 different GPUs, 8800GTX, 9800GTX and 275GTX. However, this thread should be in the Hardware Forum where nerds hang out who are just waiting to help you (well, maybe or maybe not)! :Hug:Kind regards,

Not sure it is a hardware issue Steve? May be a combination of both but suspect it has something to do with the mipmaps or alpha channels used and the way FSX renders them. IOrecall something about Sp1 and Sp2 texture reading. Seems its a LevelD fix thing. I never pursued it because it was a rare occasion. It happened across many Nvidia driver versions anyway? It should be brought up to LevelD.

Edited by Barnstormer1

To be honest - this looks more like monitor H or V frequency mismatch - like the old CRT monitors used to get. I did notice something in th Inspector setup, though... you have "Multi-display - mixed GPU acceleration": set to: "Multi-display performance mode". As this only happens using the FSX profile - this setting is perhaps the cause. Try changing it to "Single display performance mode".

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok so, regarding this issue, I changed the videocard to an 8500 GT and because I lost some frames, I had to reduce some sliders to the left in order to maintain 30fps. Made a lot of flights, no issues. I was about to put the 9500 in the trash can when then...Then one afternoon, with bad weather and a lot of VATSIM airplanes == low fps and some stutters, it started doing it again (although to a lesser extent), this time the bird was the Wilco A320!!So having eliminated hardware issues, I put back the 9500 GT but didn't increase sliders. Since then, I have had no problems, I even added BPools=0 to the FSX.cfg so my opinion is that FSX doesn't handle well when it's under stress.I've always had HIGHMEMFIX=1 since the beggining, I won't turn it off just for the sake of testing because I really need fps, but if you can, you can delete HIGHMEMFIX and increase sliders to the right so we rule out that tweak.Other than that.. I live with what I have :)

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.