Sign in to follow this  
amalric123

List of bugs

Hello Amalric,Wow, quite the list! Some of these things are simply limitations of FSX,
When will people stop using this lame excuse?...was applicable a few years ago...now not so much

Un-flyable?!?!"You can satisfy some of the people some of the time..."That's just crazy talk. It had some bugs, but very minor ones. I was never lead by Carenado that this project was a mega one... say on the lines of the Flight One's Citation Mustang (Although, please let the C90 be such a thing!). Allot of that was fixed and IMPROVED by some of the members here doing mods for the plane out of their own good will. But its a great plane in my opinion.BSTOLLE: That's how it works... you invite everyone to the party, then they get mad at you for the food... It's just part of being human I guess!

HawkDSL made a point there. And Bernt already pointed out that the combination of

In your first post you state: Congratulations! You guys did a great jobIn your last post you state: I find the plane neaerly unflyable at this stage
is at least to be called unique. :(
Some of these things are simply limitations of FSX,When will people stop using this lame excuse?...was applicable a few years ago...now not so much
Well, FSX came out late 2006, so I doubt that e. g. the engine model was changed much since then. Acceleration tweaked a few things I guess, but that's about it. But, on other things, you are right, some big names have rendered that sentence a default one. However, Carenado isn't a frequent user of that one in my eyes.I can see some valid and 'think about' points in the OPs list, some of which don't belong to a 30+ Dollar FSX addon though, but I also see some stuff which I don't get as error here (gear lights for example, they are working fine) and some others which I don't try, because I don't try lowering my flaps when the battery is off. Besides, now I've tried and the flaps of course stay up on the external model. -_-See the limitations of the FSX engine model on other titles, which receive the reference status for whatever reason. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/362241-oil-temp/ Screenshots included.I think some devs established workarounds on the most apparent flaws. But all of them come with a tradeoff.

When will people stop using this lame excuse?
Dunno. When will people stop posting dismissive, cliched responses with words like "lame" in 'em? When will FSX not have any limitations?Seriously man, read everything I wrote including the part of the same sentence where I thank him for bringing his experience to the party, and look at what I was responding to - don't just pull a small piece of one sentence out and grind your favorite axe against it. The OP put together an interesting list, but it was a pretty mixed bag containing some reasonable, some already reported and even fixed, some darned hard to do in the context of a moderately priced FSX add-on, some hey I never thought of that, and some gee that seems to work fine for everyone else, perhaps you should look again. Most of us responding have tried to stay on the positive and helpful side. Something to consider, that.Scott

and unlike the Duke, I don't seem to be able to exceed this limit.
Did a flight in the T-Duke last night just to play with some comparisons. Hmm... I swore that I'd exceeded 101.5 on the Duke in the past while learning to come to grips with managing the turbine, but try as I might, I couldn't exceed this last night so maybe I mis-remembered.I don't do a lot of virtual flying on hot days (I fly mostly in northern latitudes, spring and fall) so on most days I'm at or below standard temps. Under those conditions, neither the Duke nor the JetProp implementations seem limited much by ITT. If I push for maximum power in climb, it's all torque limited down low, and bumping right up against Ng as I climb higher.Guess I'll have to do some summer flying to check out hotter temp behavior. I hate hours of bumping through summer turbulence, but with these planes going up to the flight levels it won't be so bad... :-)Scott

Guest bstolle

If it's not an old worn PT6 it shouldn't be ITT limited with the present OAT. E.g. on the 208 the PT6 is flatrated to over 40°C.

I own two Carenado planes and my experience is that while they are enjoyable, Carenado seems to be in the habit of just producing one plane after another and doing very little to solve reported bugs after release. For that reason I have held back on buying more Carenado, would have bought several more.

Another thing people have not noticed is that turning the value adjustment knob on the PFD 2D panel does not work. Reading values of the G500 off the PFD is difficult during flight, either you zoom in and don't see anything else or zoom out and don't read the values. For that reason I dock the PFD (G500) on a 2nd monitor. The PFD there is mostly operational but not quite as the one on the VC. For example, you can click on the buttons to select HDG/CRS/ALT change but when you go to turn the knob to adjust the value is does not change. You have to use the knob on the VC instead which may be difficult at times because of the yoke.

It also seems impossible to have the knob operational when the simulation is paused. When paused you can see the ALT/CRS/HDG buttons (and the other buttons) are active, values are sent to the simulator engine but when you use the knob in PAUSE the +/- adjustments are not forwarded to the simulator engine.

Indeed the Jetprop is a lite version. Well above Wilco but just below Milviz. We can only be grateful that a Jetprop that fakes it until it makes it is given to us. Carenado CAN make a V2 but then buyers would complain on paying an additional fee if they charged an arm for the V2. 

-Tristan

I own two Carenado planes and my experience is that while they are enjoyable, Carenado seems to be in the habit of just producing one plane after another and doing very little to solve reported bugs after release. For that reason I have held back on buying more Carenado, would have bought several more.

Another thing people have not noticed is that turning the value adjustment knob on the PFD 2D panel does not work. Reading values of the G500 off the PFD is difficult during flight, either you zoom in and don't see anything else or zoom out and don't read the values. For that reason I dock the PFD (G500) on a 2nd monitor. The PFD there is mostly operational but not quite as the one on the VC. For example, you can click on the buttons to select HDG/CRS/ALT change but when you go to turn the knob to adjust the value is does not change. You have to use the knob on the VC instead which may be difficult at times because of the yoke.

It also seems impossible to have the knob operational when the simulation is paused. When paused you can see the ALT/CRS/HDG buttons (and the other buttons) are active, values are sent to the simulator engine but when you use the knob in PAUSE the +/- adjustments are not forwarded to the simulator engine.

"Another thing people have not noticed is that turning the value adjustment knob on the PFD 2D panel does not work. "

** Works ok for me

"Reading values of the G500 off the PFD is difficult during flight, either you zoom in and don't see anything else or zoom out and don't read the values.

For that reason I dock the PFD (G500) on a 2nd monitor."

** Me too .. all working on 2nd monitor

"The PFD there is mostly operational but not quite as the one on the VC."

** my testing... all ok , no problems.

"For example, you can click on the buttons to select HDG/CRS/ALT change but when you go to turn the knob to adjust the value is does not change.

You have to use the knob on the VC instead which may be difficult at times because of the yoke."

** There are click spots to remove the yokes.

** Mine works ok on the 2D popup on second monitor .. all ok here.

"It also seems impossible to have the knob operational when the simulation is paused. "

** No problems here.

"When paused you can see the ALT/CRS/HDG buttons (and the other buttons) are active, values are sent to the simulator engine but when you use the knob in PAUSE the +/- adjustments are not forwarded to the simulator engine."

** all working ok here .. paused or unpaused values are updating from VC and 2D and from 2D to VC ... All ok here

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW