Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Using a mouse wheel on the G500 knobs

If you like to use the mouse wheel on the knobs, it can be distracting to have to find the exact clickspot where the hand turns to (+) or (-).I've changed the knobs so that you can use the mouse wheel anywhere on the knob (but only the mouse wheel) to turn it, and the mouse button to push it.If you are as picky as I am on this... let me know and I'll send you a copy.If not, thank the Gods, and continue to enjoy this marvelous airplane!

Bert

Here's a picture of Bert at work. No problem too hard for him. Email sent. :(chillhm.jpg

I have so many planes with this issue.... Seems like every knob on every plane has a special "combination" to hit the spot.. They are even worse then a woman! The only one that drives me crazy is the MFD knob on the lower right (the one you use to get to the set up menu for brightness/Minimums setting, etc). The CRSR activate is on the bottom, and about a half a hair to the right of the outer edge. But I got it down to a science now. Funny thing is... you get used to something like that, and when you change planes... you forget where the spots are for that one all over again.

Bert - I thought I might ask if you know how to stop the mouse from zooming in and out ( I use EZdok) temporarily in the VC, so that you can adjust altitude heading ect in aircraft that rely on scrolling the mouse without doing this and have the zooming effect at the same time? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Shaun  

Bert - I thought I might ask if you know how to stop the mouse from zooming in and out ( I use EZdok) temporarily in the VC, so that you can adjust altitude heading ect in aircraft that rely on scrolling the mouse without doing this and have the zooming effect at the same time? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Shaun

You'd have to shut that off in EZDoc, yes?  It's one of the buttons on the main EZDoc screen.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Merry Christmas !  I also just started using the G500 units, and have the same VERY annoying problem.

I would also like to receive a copy of this work.

email is :  dhinson458@morrisbb.net

Thanks in advance.

Dave Hinson

Merry Christmas !  I also just started using the G500 units, and have the same VERY annoying problem.

I would also like to receive a copy of this work.

email is :  dhinson458@morrisbb.net

Thanks in advance.

Dave Hinson

File sent.  If you have questions, send me a PM..

Bert