Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

I love this hobby!

HI All,I've been away from Flight Simulation for about three years. My daughter (then son) was born and they became my priority. I can now find time to get back in to my love for flight. I still have an older PC but it runs FS9 beautifully.Enough of that though, I just wanted to post a quick message to mention the recent releases for FS9 which make my enjoyment so much more incredible.The recently released Scenery by Ed Geener Cox is insanely beautiful, I can't help but do circuits around the feild to take it in. I found his other sceneries and am now enjoying those now too! LICJ 2012 for FS9, just incredible, when you look at the development at FSDeveloper.com, you really appreciate the time and effort put into these projects, and for free! Then there is the legendary Milton Shaupe and his team that have just released the Grumman S2A in a multitude of versions. The plane is simply amazing!!That and all of you that share your experiences and expertise, make it a real joy. And although Avsim is my home, the other large communities (for example a few, FSEconomy, SOH, FlightSim, Simviation, SurClaro, FSDeveloper) that also contribute a huge amount of experience, skill, fun and enjoyment make this hobby, virtual career, virtual Economy and more such a great you could say, family.I am sure there is plenty of life left in FS9, FSX. They are both incredible simulations, I look forward to enjoying more, and spending an incredible amount of time (to my wife's dismay) with all of you sharing and experiencing it all.

Love it too! Great post, and I'll surely check out that scenery.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I agree, Ed's Saratoga County is awesome. He also has a sweet scenery available for Glenns Falls which isn't new but very good none the less, and it's a quick GA hop between the two. Further, if you haven't seen these hungarian sceneries from LHSimulations you must check them out! I've just installed LHDC Debrecen and I believe this is as good as any payware scenery I've seen for FS9. They also have FSX versions available:http://www.lhsimulations.hu/?lang=en Also in FSX I've been having a lot of fun with Robert Kerr's Pazmany PL-4A experimental, completely freeware, FSX native, HD virtual cockpit, the whole nine yards. Very nice. Thanks Robert :) .Jim

How nice and refreshing to read a post that praises and appreciates what we have in our simulators instead of complaining about what we don't have. You are a man after my own heart, Jason.David

Agreed. I sent Ed an email recently letting him know how great is stuff is.

Thanks All, unfortunately I am now spending more of my time downloading all the stuff I have missed and installing, than flying. :Silly:It's like being a kid in a candy store, ooo look at that, oh look they also did that, I gotta get that.....If I have time i'd like to do some reviews, we'll see though. :huh:On another note I never realized what a cool place FSDeveloper.com is, it's amazing to see the cool stuff being built there.

That's bad news Jason. You've become addicted. But it's okay, you're in the right place - we are all download junkies on this forum! We understand... :Just Kidding:I agree with all that has been said above. There is so much excellent freeware stuff for FS9 it's incredible. The Hungarian sceneries mentioned above are astonishing. Don't miss the ACG Duxford one too - absolutely unique.And if you are able to shell out a bit of money while taking care of a young family, I think you will find pretty much unanimous agreement that the REX addon is a must. It will revolutionize FS9 for you.Welcome back to the hobbyIan

we are all download junkies on this forum!
Oh, yes! Downloading, redownloading, installing, reinstalling, activating, configuring, tweaking, updating, troubleshooting, planning, deciding, buying, reading, learning, discussing... .Did I forget something? scratchhead.gif Oh, sure, f-l-y-i-n-g sometimes! :(
excellent freeware stuff for FS9 (...) The Hungarian sceneries mentioned above
Not anymore. They were too good to stay freeware. They are going payware.The next Hungarian project they are already working on will be released as payware.http://www.lhsimulations.hu/?p=606〈=en

Oh, yes! Downloading, redownloading, installing, reinstalling, activating, configuring, tweaking, updating, troubleshooting, planning, deciding, buying, reading, learning, discussing... .
I remember those days. :(

How nice and refreshing to read a post that praises and appreciates what we have in our simulators ...
I'm smiling too now. And welcome back to it, Jason.D

REX addon is a must
I am eyeing REX, i'll most likely get it later this month. I am also looking for some island hopping capable machinery too. probably a Twin Otter, Islander, Caravan or........heck whatever I can find.I am getting back into FSEconomy again, and really enjoy that. Too bad it's not real money.... Edited by Jason R MYNN

JasonI can recommend Lionheart Creation's Quest Zodiak. It's a turbine powered single with STOL capabilities and a cruise speed of 170kts. It also has a very good glass cockpit and enough immersion factor to make it really interesting. Support from Lionheart is first class as well.Hope this helps.David

After shutting down my computer on which I just "played" Microsoft Flight, I thought of only one thing... Thank God Aces gave us FS9/FSX to simulate flight. I can configure my sim to what suits me and not have the Microsoft "Suits" tell me what they think I like.I feel bad for the people in the Flight forum that keep saying, "we just have to wait for that feature to be added via DLC". I hate to say it, but them people are dreamers. At my age, I can't wait for a B737-200 in Canadian North colors along with CYFB to be add as DLC. But dreaming is good for me, because every weekend I take off in my B737-200 to somewhere different.Yes, I'm proud to wear an "FS9" tattoo on my arm. The Wife don't like it, but I told her last night there is great news...She said "What's that"?I said, "No worries, I won't be investing any time or money in "Microsoft Flight".Yes, I love this hobby even more, knowing I will continue tinkering with FS9 till death do us part.RJ