Sign in to follow this  
Guest filfpg

Crossing the Pacific before the 747-400?

Hi Nick,I made many flights to LAX on QF B747-200B's. In the 80's and very early '90's, I recall Qantas has 3 flights from YSSY, YMML and YBNE that hubbed at PHNL (Honolulu), then went on to KLAX, KSFO and KSEA respectively (on the latter destination, sometimes it was Vancouver).Just from my experiences.Bruce.(used to live in Australia, now in Boulder, CO).

Guest DreamFleet

Gee, all this mention of jets.How did Qantas ever fly this route with Lockheed Constellations???Yes, they used to!No FMCs, no IRS, no VNAV, no LNAV.Just saw a great show on "Discovery Wings", about the restoration of a Connie, that as being brought back to Australia to celebrate that aircraft's many years of service with Qantas.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

Boy, if Dreamfleet made a Connie, I'd be the first in line and I'd buy ten of them just to say thanks!Re: QuantasQuantas also has flown the route from SFO to Sydney with 767 ERs stopping in Hawaii. My Mom took that flight as late as the early 1990s

Guest filfpg

helloim not a frequently reader nor poster but it was really what i was looking for to get some exotic routes....truly yoursphil