Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

SP1c Release Planned for this weekend!

Gentlemen-I have watched the madding crowd and remained far from it, but with the release this close I wanted you to know how much will follow. The changes list is worth reading. The performance gain will not be unnoticed. I purchased the Innsbruck scenery for this tutorial- and I can tell you that despite years of flying between Rattenburg and Kuhtai I have gained so very much from flying the second tutorial. Ryan has an indisputable knack for technical writing (back up the bus RSR) and has obviously made this a labor of love. His affection for the product is obvious in the detail and explanatory nature of the tutorial. The rest of the team's dedication and affection are apparent the first time your wing loading exceeds your gross weight, and she heads skyward. No other FSX product has succeeded in separating the horizontal and vertical components of lift so as to make the novitiate and the veteran marvel at the hand flying experience. For those of you who engage the AP at 400 feet and then auto land, I would suggest treating yourself to actually hand-flying this little girl. She is a ballerina, resplendent in her RNP ANP tutu, and graceful in VNAV as long as you give her the correct support. She requires you to remain ahead of her- singularly unusual in the FSX world- yet unfailing authentic in the real one.The SDK alone is priceless. What you can be excited about is the FLOOD of porting current and future HW to the NGX platform that will surely follow. As an add-on, it has changed the game and hardware (and software) developers have paid attention. The NGX owners group is a significant number and will be catered to out of economic necessity- that too is testimonial to PMDGs forethought.SP1c demonstrates PMDGs ongoing commitment to the NGX platform. She was brilliant. With SP1c she has evolved even further. I can tell you the first time you fly the East Procedure and call the break at Absam, watching the terrain in your windshield and ND approach ever closer; the first time you call North of the Tower as you make the break for the trip along the ridge and watch the homes streaming below your wingtip whilst flinching at the TERRAIN warnings going off on the flight deck; the first time you approach the 3.5 DME circle and disconnect to roll right- and what a roll it is; the first time you see enormous granite filling your windshield just on the other side of the valley; the first time you roll out right on the extended centerline (which by the way will probably not be the first time you fly the approach); and the first time you touch down, on speed, in the touchdown zone- you will have long forgotten the inane commentary on this forum. The other thing I promise you is that you will have (if you can imagine this) an even greater hunger for all things PMDG. Never forget- there are BIGGER things on the horizon! ;)

Edited by lasnubes

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Nice.. FS2CREW we're waiting for yaa
Yea, for some reason it's taking too long them to release...

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Excellent......I own the 747 and have been holding off on the 737 until I felt the time was right.I think it's time...

Excellent......I own the 747 and have been holding off on the 737 until I felt the time was right.I think it's time...
The time was right last August!! :(

Yea, for some reason it's taking too long them to release...
You mean it's taking FS2Crew a long time to release? They couldn't release until we all get this update, as FS2Crew needs the SDK to function, and we need SP1c for the SDK to work in our planes.

Steve Caffey

Good news! Shame I'm not able to fly for around 2 weeks, waiting for my new RAM to arrive...

What do you mean "this" weekend? Sounds a bit ambiguous. When can we expect SP1d and tutorial #3? And where's the DC-6 you promised over a month ago? I bet there's not even a 777. You are messing with my head and I can't take it.Of course, I'm j/k. (not trolling). I'm very excited ... thanks

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

You mean it's taking FS2Crew a long time to release? They couldn't release until we all get this update, as FS2Crew needs the SDK to function, and we need SP1c for the SDK to work in our planes.
Does older version of PMDG 737 have SDK?

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

That's correct.In order to legally interface with the NGX, FS2Crew needs the SDK and SP1C.All FS2Crew users will need to install SP1C.

That's correct.In order to legally interface with the NGX, FS2Crew needs the SDK and SP1C.All FS2Crew users will need to install SP1C.
OK guys. Lets all go over and harass Brian now. Brian are you finished yet? :(

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Does older version of PMDG 737 have SDK?
No, but that's a much older version of FS2Crew that interfaced through sending key commands. The newer versions interface directly with the aircraft through the SDK, which is much cleaner and more effective. This has all been discussed before, both here and the FS2Crew forum. Do a search and you'll see Bryan has said all of this before, much better than I can. He does make the software, after all. I just use it.

Steve Caffey

Yeah FS2Crew will finally be coming to the best FSX addon.....can´t wait!