Sign in to follow this  

COPY of proposed letter to Delta...

Hey guys. Here's a copy of the letter I propose to send to Delta. Please give me feedback as to what to add, delete, or otherwise change if need be.Thanks,Robb 1/12/02Vice President of OperationsDelta Air Lines, Inc.P.O. Box 20706Atlanta, GA 32320-6001Dear Delta Airlines,While I was waiting to board flight number DL 209 at Washington DC

Robb,Just made some grammatical corrections and reworded a few small things - looks very good man!Ryan1/12/02Vice President of OperationsDelta Air Lines, Inc.P.O. Box 20706Atlanta, GA 32320-6001Dear Delta Airlines,While I was waiting to board flight number DL 209 at Washington DC

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest firehawk44

Robb,Very well stated but I doubt you will be successful. The aircraft was in a restricted/secured area not accessible to the general public without going through special security procedures. I have no idea what could be gleened by terrorists/criminals from the photographs you took but sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry. The Delta employee was not there to enforce general airport or FAA regulations but to safeguard their aircraft and employees from potential criminal acts. When I was in the Army, I was stationed in a country where all the shades of the aircraft had to be closed prior to landing (South Korea), to restrict possible foreign intelligence agents from potential intelligence information at the airport. Perhaps Delta set up special security arrangements around the aircraft after it arrived at the gate that could be studied to determine possible vulnerabilities. We will never know (we have no need-to-know). It's all put in place to enhance our safety so I hope you understand the need for extra security vigilance by everyone, including Delta employees.Sincerely,Jim

Hi Jim,You could be right, and if that, or something like it, is the case, then so be it. All I will be able to say is that I found out why. I obviously won't be suing Delta over a 6 dollar roll of film...lol. But, man, I has some nice photos on that roll!Robb

Hmm, I'm on the run but:I would change Dear Delta to "Dear Sirs". Would also change While I was waiting to board to "Prior to boarding".I'll take a closer look later, gotta go............Good Luck,Roger

Thanks once again guys!The letters are in the mail.Robb

I got a response in reference to my letter from Delta!Robb

Dear sir,Thank you for contacting Delta Airlines regarding the situation with our personnel at the Washington Regan National Airport. It has been requested by our Executive offices that I address any concern you may have with our personnel.We are sorry to hear of the surrendering of your film and the handling you endured after photographing one of our aircraft at the gate. It has been determined that we do not have an established policy that prohibits photographing a Delta aircraft while waiting at the gate. Only when security areas or procedures are recorded is there a violation. Therefore, no Delta policy or regulation was breached by your actions mentioned in your letter. We do apologize for any misunderstanding on behalf of our agent and that you did not receive an explanation.Thank you again for your taking time to contact us and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to merit your support.Sincerely,Delta Airlines

lolok so no monetary compensation or even a discount ticket on your next flight?mmm

Nope, Not a darn thing. I mean, if I came up to you in an airport and took film from you, I could get arrested.Robb