Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

AVSIM website getting SLOWER & SLOWER

In the last "few weeks" the system response time has gotten so slow that I'd swear I was back on a 56K dialup connection with lots of line noise. During certain times of the day it's almost unusable.Is the site experiencing severe server problems?Thank You all for any info.

Guest Matt Johnson

We have been experiencing some extreme load on "this" machine at certain times (Forums and Library). However, www.avsim.com is completely unaffected.

Matt:Thanks for the update. The slowness I've experienced is when I launch into the forums. I now understand - hope things get better.Regards,

Sounds like "DLL Hell" or its UNIX equivilant.Cheers,bt

Guest captbulldog

I thought we (in this case Tom) were going to get DcForum+ some weekends ago? :(

It buckled under the load when we opened it to the public for a short period one morning and immediately came back to this version.

Guest captbulldog

Ummm... I thought the plus version was meant for site with heavy traffic? That's what I read at the dcscript.com anyway. Too bad. I really like what I saw. Are we getting it back??

Wow, I think it's almost to the point of being unusable. It's almost a "Click on the forums and go get a drink from the fridge" type slow! I hope this gets resolved.Paul B.KSMS/KSSC

Guest Joe

I was going to say something earlier. But, I didn't want to be the only crybaby. LOL!It's terrible! Isn't it? Joe Sumrall[big]B[/bIG]USH [bIG]F[/bIG]LYING [bIG]U[/bIG]NLIMITED ...at home in the wild

Well,It's 100X fater than my 1:00pm est attempt. I don't know what has changed, but I couldn't ask for anything better...Thanks guys,PaulPaul B.KSMS/KSSC

Guest Joe

Yes, It has gotten better...much faster.Joe Sumrall[big]B[/bIG]USH [bIG]F[/bIG]LYING [bIG]U[/bIG]NLIMITED ...at home in the wild