Sign in to follow this  
Jetranger

NEW Boeing 737-200 out 3/8/2012

A cargo version would be great. I would enjoy flying as Aloha Air Cargo.

Keith Guillory

Agree to a point, but what I expect is the Captain Sim version to fall short of this one in systems simulation, accuracy, and the flight model.
I went back and looked at the screenshots of JustFlight and Captain sim 737-200 ... Both look good to me and Just Flights 737 has a paint kit if tweeks need to be made ...But most important to me is "systems simulation, accuracy, and the flight model." and technical support when required.So, I will purchase the JustFlight 737 and fly United to check it all out in the 2D cockpit.For me, it will feel good to fly gauges again ... for a change of pace, and see if i can still manage procedure turns and holds.It is good for all of us to have a choice and in the end wind up supporting all of out designers/vendors.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I went back and looked at the screenshots of JustFlight and Captain sim 737-200 ... Both look good to me and Just Flights 737 has a paint kit if tweeks need to be made ...But most important to me is "systems simulation, accuracy, and the flight model." and technical support when required.So, I will purchase the JustFlight 737 and fly United to check it all out in the 2D cockpit.For me, it will feel good to fly gauges again ... for a change of pace, and see if i can still manage procedure turns and holds.It is good for all of us to have a choice and in the end wind up supporting all of out designers/vendors.
You should take a look at this:http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.350880788289636.87440.184784678232582&t...

You should take a look at this:http://www.facebook....4678232582&t...
Wow, didn't know MilViz were making a 732 ........ looks stunning!I know that the Just Flight model won't be to this standard, and that visuals won't be as good as Captain Sim's however I rate overall stability, performance, and FDE above "prettiness" thus I stopped buying Captain Sim products a long time ago! ..... just don't like the 'feel' of any of them.JF aircraft are never the prettiest, but tend to fly well, perform well and be stable. Heck the Just Flight PA38 Tomahawk is ancient by today's standards, but is still a really, really nice, convincing GA aircraft to fly in FSX.My expectations for the JF 732 aren't hugely high, but it will be nicer than having to use the Aerosim 732 .... now there is a VC from 2000! ..... but until now it's been one of the only 732s available with a VC (the main reason I don't fly Tinmouse).So bring it on Just Flight..... but I will certainly be getting that MilViz version too.... :(

Agree to a point, but what I expect is the Captain Sim version to fall short of this one in systems simulation, accuracy, and the flight model.
Captain Sim's 707 and 727 are well known for their accuracy so I'm sure the same will be with their 737. And when I look at BB's one - I'm really sceptic about that.E.g. BlackBox say: "Highly detailed 737-200 ADV model with the distinctive JT-8D engines". Sounds good, but it's definetely not the 737-200ADV cockpit on the screenshots. It's just the original -200.I'll be definitely waiting for Captain Sim's one, VC preview looks stunning, list of implemented systems is long, price is fair: http://www.captainsi.../products/x737/

Captain Sim's 707 and 727 are well known for their accuracy so I'm sure the same will be with their 737. And when I look at BB's one - I'm really sceptic about that.
I own both, the 727 has many issues and inaccuracies and to get it closer to the real thing takes quite a few user modifications, including a modification to the entire flight model and EPR indications. The 707 was better, but still uses default FSX engine modeling and therefore does not model proper EPR numbers, which are vital for matching real world power settings.

Looks like captainsim's 737 base pack is nearly complete as well. (Here is some screen shots:http://captainsim.co...737/200/vc.html) I haven't really flown a captainsim airplane in a long time but I've heard that their 707 was descent, so it will be interesting to see which of the 3 will be the best.
Personally I never caught onto the "base pack" purchase ... followed by more purchases (moduled/addon/upgrade/whatever) for the same aircraft.I like the one purchase plan that gets the aircraft + paint kit + manual + free updates/bug fixes + technical support. And, if this costs a little extra it is ok by me.

Best Regards,

I saw that CS has changed the base back to include the -200 instead of the -100. Should be a welcome change in my eyes. Anyway, after quite some time without a nice 737 (talking about the steam gauge thing) in FSX, three are coming up now and the news about the Milviz are a surprise indeed.Looking forward to all the renditions. :(

Personally I never caught onto the "base pack" purchase ... followed by more purchases (moduled/addon/upgrade/whatever) for the same aircraft.
Nothing is wrong with the "base pack" concept. It's just a reguar selfsufficient pack (exterior+vc+systems+sound) that supports further exterior expansions. You do not have to buy the expansions is you do not need them.

I do like the worn and well used appearance of the CS 737 interiors in the previews.

Keith Guillory

[DELETED BY USER: Comment was in response to someone stating on another thread that CS had released their 732 VC today, which turned out to be baloney.....]

JustFlight added the download size to their web page ... 90MB.Getting close to release now!

Best Regards,