Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Just took a flight out of KCGX Meigs Field

I havent tried that airport yet, But I will now. Thanks.Yes, X-plane is amazing. the more I delve into it, The more I like it.Rob

Same here, I just ran some networking tests after reading the manual. It has built in Wideview and a free WideFS client. Great Goflight plugin, and it's Saitek plugin is better than SPAD. I linked two of my pcs together ala Wideview for free..WoW, I could go 5 monitor view if I wanted. KCGX showed me what is capable of its autogen, I usually take off from KORF and it's lacking.If only they could get one good heavy, ATC, AI traffic, stellar external gauge program, it would be tops.

It has a plugin for the Saitek panels? Where do I get the plugin?Bob

And all I can say is WOW, I see what X-plane is capable of.
Just took your advice and flew out of Meigs Field rwy 36 at dusk. You're right, WOW, Insane level of detail of Chicago. City buildings still need work, I'm sure it will be much improved upon in an update but it still very impressive even at this state. Just think we are only at 10.04 imagine what it will be like 10.70+. Salivating at the mere thought of it. Really enjoying XPX at the moment so much to discover... Right, off to take a look at London City airport.

Hi all! Quick question, and not ripping on Xplane...I feel that Chicago is barren and lifeless. Did you download a scenery package? Thanks!

I converted Aerosofts Chicago from FSX to Xplane using FS2XP. Works pretty good.RobCar_Archer_2.pngCar_Archer_3.png

Hi all! Quick question, and not ripping on Xplane...I feel that Chicago is barren and lifeless. Did you download a scenery package? Thanks!
Hi Bobber, I have taken some screenshots and put them on my blog. My computer is not the best spec so i don't have all settings at their highest, but I feel it's far from lifeless. Hope this helps.http://www.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com/@Rob/Comanche That conversion looks superb. Hope that X-plane 10 with a few more updates gets to look this good. Rhydian

I didn't, just got there by mistake. Would have taken a screenshot, but I was on my triple screen. It was probably the most non-barren area I had seen.

Awesome - I was thinking more about the lack of large downtown buildings, without any add ons. Everything else looks great!Thanks,Bob

My Lil Meigs Field Romp. Really rough was testing other things, SImAvio and gear conflicts.