Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Some Style with Your Substance: Exterior Enhancements for the NGX -700

01.jpgWhile we anxiously await the service pack, I wanted to let everyone know that version 1.0 of my bump maps and speculars have been uploaded to Avsim and should be available soon. They work with ANY -700 livery, both WL and non-WL. This is my first attempt at doing anything like this. I'm sure there will be inaccuracies and errors so please let me know and I will issue updates as needed. If the feedback on this package is pretty good, I'll do a set for the -800 as well, but no promises on any time lines!Here are a few before and after pics for comparison to the stock textures:PMDG's excellent green chromate livery with and without the new bump mapsfsx2012-03-0315-53-29-34.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-55-27-32.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-50-35-07.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-48-41-09.jpgPMDG's KLM livery with and without bumps and specsfsx2012-03-0222-23-02-29.jpgfsx2012-03-0222-23-51-09.jpgWN without & withfsx2012-03-0316-16-34-93.jpgfsx2012-03-0316-15-14-20.jpg

Chris Hicks

WOW!!! Amazing job!

Edited by Tatave

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Someone get Mr Hicks a FSX painter job!Thanks!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Chris,Absolutely amazing job! You've really outdone yourself. LUV your WN paint jobs, too. I have all of them!

I feel kinda stupid but how can a bump map increase resolution? Or at least make it look as if it had better resolution?Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The bump mapping is amazing, great work.However I disagree, bump maps don't make McPhat who they are.
McPhats liveries arent good for NGX. All of them has the same paintkit dirt. They doesnt match real world paint. And too much contrast on rivets. Its too unrealistic. The good part is bump mapping.

Great work Chris!I'll use those for the America West bird.

Amazing job Chris, many thanks. :Applause:It woud be very appreciated to see this for the 800 series also.Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

McPhats liveries arent good for NGX. All of them has the same paintkit dirt. They doesnt match real world paint. And too much contrast on rivets. Its too unrealistic. The good part is bump mapping.
+1