Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Some Style with Your Substance: Exterior Enhancements for the NGX -700

So I think they look great!But I made a mistake with one of the folders and like a dummy did not back it up. Anyone know how to get the "PMDG house colors" reinstalled? :(

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

So I think they look great!But I made a mistake with one of the folders and like a dummy did not back it up. Anyone know how to get the "PMDG house colors" reinstalled? :(
Maybe you can have a user send you his Texture folder, but that may not be the most reasonable thing to do. You can try installing SP1C (Or reinstall whatever last update you have) I think that will fix the problem.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Great work Chris...Maybe the Specular files are a little too bright though.Thank you!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Maybe you can have a user send you his Texture folder, but that may not be the most reasonable thing to do.You can try installing SP1C (Or reinstall whatever last update you have) I think that will fix the problem.
Ok will try reinstalling SP1C.Thanks.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Ok will try reinstalling SP1C.Thanks.
Yikes....Sorry for not including this in the readme, but if you plan to replace the default files with these, PLEASE back up the original files in a safe place in case you need them.

Chris Hicks

Great work Chris...Maybe the Specular files are a little too bright though.Thank you!
I've toned them down by about 25%. I'll keep tinkering with them.

Chris Hicks

Chris,Great job here - if I can make a suggestion though just because I've been up close to the skin of NGs while we were developing and while boarding them:The rivets don't have quite your level of relief/emboss in real life - they're designed to be as flush as possible for aerodynamic reasons - here's some pics - it really varies with the light angle but when looking straight on at them they're not as pronounced (2nd shot shows this better):fuselage.jpgfuselage1.jpgThe wing is very very smooth in real life too, not much of the embossed rivet type look:wing.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

High praise, sir. Thank you very much.I'll tone them down a bit more for the first update. I was trying to find a happy medium between them disappearing all together or going overboard and looking like a B-17! I've got to do some work on the specs too. I was using a darker WN paint for my test plane and didn't realize the white planes were getting blown out. I'm seeing how much I can get copied over for a set for the 800 too. Thanks again.

Chris Hicks

Really like what you have done here Chris super work yes there will be a happy medium on the rivets do not want tone them down to much or it will not be worth the trouble, thank you.

Rich Sennett

Great job here - if I can make a suggestion though just because I've been up close to the skin of NGs while we were developing and while boarding them:
I would agree. Your team did do a very good job on the various maps, I can agree on that, and all the staff in and around 737NGs agree with that.The apparent trend around here in flightsim is to make the material more pronounced as it should be, a trend which I personally find similar to a fashion that was (or indeed is) popular with diorama modellers - overuse of different weathering methods, in the end, the fighter that was supposedly months, if not weeks, old looked like it was battling around the desert for years...

Looking good, thank you. Will you also be releasing a new bumpmap for the -800 and -900?
Thank you! I'll be updating the first set by this weekend based on user feedback and from Ryan (Tabs) who was kind enough to post some close up shots of the skin so I could get the rivets right. After that, I'd like to include the whole line (600, 800, 900).Here are the most recent pics with the toned down rivets, tweaked specs, and general tweaks and fixes. I use the Southwest livery because it shows the details well in screen shots.fsx2012-03-0612-20-42-63.jpgfsx2012-03-0612-22-36-93.jpg

Chris Hicks

Thank you! I'll be updating the first set by this weekend based on user feedback and from Ryan (Tabs) who was kind enough to post some close up shots of the skin so I could get the rivets right. After that, I'd like to include the whole line (600, 800, 900).Here are the most recent pics with the toned down rivets, tweaked specs, and general tweaks and fixes. I use the Southwest livery because it shows the details well in screen shots.fsx2012-03-0612-20-42-63.jpgfsx2012-03-0612-22-36-93.jpg
Sorry I went for some surgeries and kinda lost track. Have you finished this project? Where can I get them? I'm so itching to install them.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara