Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Some Style with Your Substance: Exterior Enhancements for the NGX -700

FS2Crew has had me flying more than painting for the last few days!
I don't blame you at all. Get some sleep, then fly, fly, fly...we can wait (PMDG trained us well). Just let us know when they are ready.

I love McPhat's paints, but they did get the stain from the jetway seal on the main entrance of the NGX wrong. I told them about it, but it was never corrected. That stain should be offset to the front of the door because the door opens inside the seal. The way that they have it, the door would not open.They make one set of layers with the dirt, chips and grime, then they use that layer on all of the aircraft because it would be way too hard to create different dirt patterns for each livery.
Who said that payware liveries are aesy to make? If it's payware, then it should at least match real one somehow...i guess.

Who said that payware liveries are aesy to make? If it's payware, then it should at least match real one somehow...i guess.
I'm not saying it as being good or bad, it's just what they do with all of their paints. Most aircraft would have the same kind of dirt stains anyway, but I just wanted them to make the stain from the jetway seals correctly on the NGX. The way they have it now just looks funny because it is not possible.They make the rivets, stains and dirt for an aircraft type, like the 747-400 and keep the Photoshop layers, then they use those same layers for all of their paints of that type. It is what they have to do because they don't make a lot of money on each paint. It would cost them a fortune to make custom dirt stains for each aircraft and no one would want to pay that much money for a paint.

Nice job, Chris. That's real talent you got there.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I would agree. Your team did do a very good job on the various maps, I can agree on that, and all the staff in and around 737NGs agree with that.The apparent trend around here in flightsim is to make the material more pronounced as it should be, a trend which I personally find similar to a fashion that was (or indeed is) popular with diorama modellers - overuse of different weathering methods, in the end, the fighter that was supposedly months, if not weeks, old looked like it was battling around the desert for years...
Reminds me of the enb mod, and going nuts with it!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Woow, just installed that new set for -700, stunning, great work.Can't wait for next set. :(

1246 downloads to date proves how much your work is held in high regard, many thanks Chris.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Chris,I have somehow missed this update,Am installing right now and going to test, even though I should be in bed.... COMMITMENT! :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Chris,What is the process you are actually doing, for the noob painters here!What ever you have done it looks fantastic [i cant get shots like your "tomorrow" post on page 2, could we go through settings. PM?]here is a live shot after you tweaks!2ze9m9y.jpg

Alex Ridge

Alex, a bright white is not a good choice of paint for these kind of things, it hides the beauty, especially if you have some kind of ENB or similar active as you seem to do.

Alex, a bright white is not a good choice of paint for these kind of things, it hides the beauty, especially if you have some kind of ENB or similar active as you seem to do.
I will try a different livery [most of my 700 are white! Easyjet, SAS, BA, etc :P ] I do not use any ENB software

Alex Ridge