Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Some Style with Your Substance: Exterior Enhancements for the NGX -700

Well it seemed so to me - the white seems so bright it looks like overexposed photo. You can always use Chrises Southwests to try and see, or my SkyEurope if you are in more of a local mood.

Well it seemed so to me - the white seems so bright it looks like overexposed photo. You can always use Chrises Southwests to try and see, or my SkyEurope if you are in more of a local mood.
I may just do that! :D

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Some experimentation for v2.0. I'll tone it down a bit once I'm finished getting it put together. fsx2012-03-2715-03-14-52.jpgfsx2012-03-2715-03-04-32.jpgfsx2012-03-2715-02-33-33.jpgfsx2012-03-2715-02-19-71.jpgfsx2012-03-2714-51-25-77.jpgfsx2012-03-2714-48-42-56.jpgfsx2012-03-2714-48-03-13.jpgfsx2012-03-2714-47-54-19.jpgfsx2012-03-2714-46-18-30.jpgfsx2012-03-2713-12-24-54.jpg

Chris Hicks

Great job, Chris. You've brought the models alive with your fixes.On another note, the top surface of the wings has always looked sort of dull to me. Maybe it's realistic as is, but can it have a bit more reflectivity?Thanks.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

attn Fabo - do you know what happened to the Sky Europe 737-700 fleet after the company went bankrupt? All I remember is that I saw some of them parking in Budapest but that was a while ago, I don't travel home too often and I don't know how their fate developed later. Were these -700NG jets actually owned by SkyEurope or did they lease them? I am only asking it, because I am thinking about what would happen IF for example, MALEV (RIP) owns some airplanes (and not only leases them). MALEV went bankrupt and the leasing company wanted their fleet back immediately. But what would be the most likely scenario if MALEV actually owns some airplanes? Who gets them then? Silly question, but I am interested:-)

Most of the NG fleet was leased via GECAS. Those are -76Ns. You can determine that they have airstar doors under L1 entry door, although the bays were empty during their time at NE.Then the original plan was to complement 16 leased 737s with 16 owned. However, there came delays, cancellations of the order, and then definitive end. I think there only ever were about 3-4 of them -7GLs. One of them was blocked in Orly in similar manner as one of the MA planes was blocked in DUB IIRC.What happened after the demise was fast, only a couple years old, one previous owner, well maintained... the SkyEurope NGs went away in weeks. I presume the price for the owned ones was added to the assets to be divided to the debtors. Some of the operators include Aerolineas Argeninas, AnadoluJet and Air Italy.

On another note, the top surface of the wings has always looked sort of dull to me. Maybe it's realistic as is, but can it have a bit more reflectivity?Thanks.
That's fsx engine weakness. It's very bad in terms of lightning, shadows and other visual effects.

Chris Your work is fantastic. I wouldn't think it will be long until some professional developers start banging on your door asking you to paint for them. And in those latest pics, do i noticed customized colors on the seat???? Amazing!

Mr Hicks, you are a super talented guy,Thank you for all your hard work. You seriously deserve the greatest respect.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Great job, Chris. You've brought the models alive with your fixes.On another note, the top surface of the wings has always looked sort of dull to me. Maybe it's realistic as is, but can it have a bit more reflectivity?.
I'll see what I can do!
, do i noticed customized colors on the seat???? Amazing!
I tinkered with the cabin textures based on Southwest's new "Evolve" interior scheme. I got the tan too dark. I need to fix that. And so far, they only work during the day. I can't figure out how to change the night lighting.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Thank you all! I really appreciate it.

Chris Hicks

Chris ...

I know the thread header is about the -700, but I thought it better to keep questions about your enhancements in the same thread.

My question is about the enhancements for the -800. There are 11 files in this package.

In the instructions for applying the fixes to all -800 liveries at once you say to open the texture.common folder and

"Select the files in that location that contain "spec" and "bump" in the file names ***EXCEPT*** pmdg_NGX_misc_bump.dds (this file was not changed) and BACK THEM UP in a safe location."

Omitting "pmdg_NGX_misc_bump.dds" there are then 12 files with "spec' or "bump" in the file names, i.e., 1 more than the number of files included in your package. The one file that does not have a matching name in your enhancement files is:

"pmdg_NGX_misc_spec.dds"

So my question is, should this file be left in the texture.common folder, or should it be moved into a backup folder with the other "spec" and "bump" files?

Hope this is clear, and thanks.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Hey there, Jev,

I'm not at my home computer at the moment, but I'd like to have a look and see what I edited on that file. I may have edited it for a specific livery and included it in error. I'll get back to you as soon as I've had a chance to look at it. Sorry about the confusion.

If you're interested, I'm planning a major update within the next week or so and I've posted previews in this new thread:

http://forum.avsim.n...2-preview-pics/

Chris Hicks

On 3/3/2012 at 8:10 PM, JokersWild said:

fsx2012-03-0315-53-29-34.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-55-27-32.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-50-35-07.jpgfsx2012-03-0315-48-41-09.jpg

Where can I get this paint?! The Operations Center does not have such a paint and I'm dying to find it! -800/900 of course.