Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

For the number of people involved in the beta and the hype that surrounded this project, I really expected it to be a bit more refined upon release. Don't get me wrong, I bought the 89 and 67 and love them. But on the flights leading up to this SP, I have had some really strange problems, like jerky LNAV movement/capture, FMC setting current location as the TOD even if I'm many thousands of miles from my destination, unable to enter CRZ ALT, VNAV SPD overly sensitive. It just seems that these issues would have been ironed out if the NGX was put through the beta we were told it was. I think we are the beta testers for this product.

Is this patch on the official PMDG website in the download section?

No, it's in the first post of this thread. Don't know why they haven't moved it to their website, yet.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Worth mentioning that if you downloaded full installer in last two months, it does include SP1c.

I haven't had any prblem using the 737 PMDG with SP1b but istalling the SP1c caused the loss of all cockpit sounds (EGPWS, switches, callouts, flaps, breaks, alarms, etc.). I have Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit I have installed and uinstalled twice the add-on PMDG 737 NGX and the SP1C in 2 different computers with the same problem. However the engines sounds work fine. Do you have any suggestions what can cause this problem?

Thank you

Guys,

I've just downloaded SP1b. Do I need install SP1c in any event to have the full version?

I'm asking because SP1c is not available on the Service Update section of PMDG website.

Thx

no need to shout in here we can all read

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have a few questions :)

1. As i´m just about to buy the 6700 Expansionpack (only waiting for my paypal banc account verification) something came into my mind... When installing the expansion pack, will it affect the liveries or anything of the 8900 basepack? Or can i simply run the installer without doing backups of any files?

2. Any plans for the bbj´s in the next weeks/months?? I would be really interested in those :)

3. If i download the expanion in the next days, is SP1c already included? Or do i have to download it separately?

Thanks for replies :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

Q1 Pretty sure it wont effect your liveries in your 800/900 pack

Q2 Still in the pipeline dont know when

Q3 Sp1c is included no need to update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Okay thank you very much :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

For the number of people involved in the beta and the hype that surrounded this project, I really expected it to be a bit more refined upon release. Don't get me wrong, I bought the 89 and 67 and love them. But on the flights leading up to this SP, I have had some really strange problems, like jerky LNAV movement/capture, FMC setting current location as the TOD even if I'm many thousands of miles from my destination, unable to enter CRZ ALT, VNAV SPD overly sensitive. It just seems that these issues would have been ironed out if the NGX was put through the beta we were told it was. I think we are the beta testers for this product.

There are still problems reported from few users, you can have a 10000 people of beta team and you will not fully test the product on all the possible computer hardware and software combinations neither you can test in a reasonable time all the fs locations/add ons compatibility.

Also Microsoft and other bigger software house will never give you the perfect product from the first release.

I was able to fly the ngx from the first release, had problem with one of the hotfix (about the descent slow down), but the other bugs reported were not so visible if checklist were followed correctly.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

There already an appointment whenever the SP2 should appear?

\

- what does that have to do with this post?

However, i am able to answer the question because the answr is always the same sir... when its done.

You can bet they will give us about a months notice when it gets there.

Peter Osborn

There already an appointment whenever the SP2 should appear?

As it was for the other updates, the team will inform you in time, giving approximate time or telling "soon, or very soon". But I hope they will release without a previous announcements as in previous patches a lot of people found problems in understanding that soon is not a fixed time and could mean days weeks or months.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I'm very sorry, but I just cannot understand what I have to do. Could someone please break this down for someone who only has kindergarten knowledge of computers.

Thanks for any reply,

zl2bmh, Jim

good morning,

I haven't had any problem using the 737 PMDG with SP1b but installing the SP1c caused the loss of all cockpit sounds (EGPWS, switches, callouts, flaps, breaks, alarms, etc.). I have Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit I have installed and uninstalled twice the add-on PMDG 737 NGX and the SP1C with the same problem. However the engines sounds work fine. Do you have any suggestions what can cause this problem?

fsx options

sounds actif

in the fmc 737-800 version without sp1c

options sound

device

I have a line with (speakers (2-realtek hi)

in the fmc 737-800 version with sp1c

options sound

device

the window is empty

thank you for answering me