Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

Craig,Try installing the Visual C++ runtime manually - SP1b used the older 2008 version but we upgraded to VS2010 while SP1c was being built. Perhaps the installer's not installing it correctly or something.http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328
Thanks Ryan, that did the trick it did require C++ VS2010 which Windows update downloaded for me and it works now.Thank again and thanks for the tutorial it is the best because of your hard work.Craig

Do I need to install the 1st update before this one? I have had the ngx ever since it came out but haven't been bothered to update it until now...

A clean install and the Sp1c - works perfectly thanks.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Mighty late on this one! I know what I am doing tomorrow evening!Cheers guys for the hard work and support...Andrew

I've just ordered the boxed version (still awaiting delivery). Will I have to install SP1c on top of it? If so can I install SP1c immediately after installing the DVD version or do I have to reboot and then install SP1C?

Handling for me seems improved, noticeable on finals, flies like it's on rails. Reading what was including in the update doesn't look like anything would change flight dynamics. Much nicer approach and landings for me anyway.ThanksMark Austen

Hi @ allFirst, English is not my native language - so please forgive me, if my question is answered yet in this post. I tried to read everything, but maybe I didn't see the matching post.After the Update my pedestal lighting - especially the radios - are illuminated orange. That looks real to me. BUT, the Transponer is looking different, it is illumiated dark with white letters - similar to the collins mcp.It is absolutely different to the other illumination.Is it normal - a bug - or a problem with my computer / version / FSX?I found a orig-picture on airliners.net where the transponder is illuminated the same as the radios (=>orange)....Unfortuanetly I can't post the link here....!? Maybe there are different types of pedestrals.Thanks for answers and forgive me, if this answer is posted yet or my english isnt the best...Regards, Jack

Normal, and this is installation as on PMDG "model" airplane (specific physical airplane).There are many variants on radio installations....

Hi @ allFirst, English is not my native language - so please forgive me, if my question is answered yet in this post. I tried to read everything, but maybe I didn't see the matching post.After the Update my pedestal lighting - especially the radios - are illuminated orange. That looks real to me. BUT, the Transponer is looking different, it is illumiated dark with white letters - similar to the collins mcp.It is absolutely different to the other illumination.Is it normal - a bug - or a problem with my computer / version / FSX?I found a orig-picture on airliners.net where the transponder is illuminated the same as the radios (=>orange)....Unfortuanetly I can't post the link here....!?Maybe there are different types of pedestrals.Thanks for answers and forgive me, if this answer is posted yet or my english isnt the best...Regards, Jack
have you read the changes in sp1c it list all the updates

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Great to hear that the shared cockpit is being reviewed! I myself am a huge fan and a supporter of this 100%. Now, I speak for myself when I say this but I would sure pay a reasonable price to have that multi-crew functionality! Not that PMDG hasn't already been outstanding, but this would really be the greatest addon out there!

Installed it yesterday, on top of an existing SP1b NGX. Tested it today, I did a couple of approaches / go-around, and everything went perfectly OK for me. Great job guys!I've also read the new tutorial, and it is amazing. I wish I knew how much the FIX page of the MCDU could be valuable! Thanks Ryan!Fly safe ;-)Thomas

Now I wouldn't like giving the impression to ask always for more... but, is there any plan to implement the RTA function in the NGX FMC as it is in the MD11? I find that "gadget" function really powerful when it comes to respect flight times when you fly for a virtual airline.By the way, do the real pilots use that function?Thanks again for the quality of your products and you support.
SP2 possibly since it'll definitely be done for the 777 - might be able to integrate the code. RTA is more of a big jet / long haul thing though - often it gets uses in the non-radar oceanic environment where ATC asks you to cross a certain reporting point at an exact time. It's very rarely used on an NG from what I've been told.
Do I need to install the 1st update before this one? I have had the ngx ever since it came out but haven't been bothered to update it until now...
Nope, all updates are cumulative here. Just install SP1c.
I've just ordered the boxed version (still awaiting delivery). Will I have to install SP1c on top of it? If so can I install SP1c immediately after installing the DVD version or do I have to reboot and then install SP1C?
The boxed version is SP1b, so yeah, install SP1c. No reboots are necessary. (reboots are only needed if Windows system files or certain drivers change)
Handling for me seems improved, noticeable on finals, flies like it's on rails. Reading what was including in the update doesn't look like anything would change flight dynamics. Much nicer approach and landings for me anyway.
Placebo... sorry to say. No FDE changes were made aside from one thing involving descent with engine anti-ice on, which was noted in the release notes.
After the Update my pedestal lighting - especially the radios - are illuminated orange. That looks real to me. BUT, the Transponer is looking different, it is illumiated dark with white letters - similar to the collins mcp.It is absolutely different to the other illumination.Is it normal - a bug - or a problem with my computer / version / FSX?I found a orig-picture on airliners.net where the transponder is illuminated the same as the radios (=>orange)....Unfortuanetly I can't post the link here....!?Maybe there are different types of pedestrals.Thanks for answers and forgive me, if this answer is posted yet or my english isnt the best...Regards, Jack
There's numerous configurations of the pedestal, but the 738 we shot our photos on looked exactly like the NGX does. Here's a similar pic - radios with the orange LEDs, transponder with the white LCD.http://jetphotos.net...7264843&nseq=16The pedestal is totally modular so there's probably literally thousands of configurations of it in use - airlines can install whatever they want in the slots.
Installed it yesterday, on top of an existing SP1b NGX. Tested it today, I did a couple of approaches / go-around, and everything went perfectly OK for me. Great job guys!I've also read the new tutorial, and it is amazing. I wish I knew how much the FIX page of the MCDU could be valuable! Thanks Ryan!
Thanks, the fix page stuff is probably the number one thing people have commented on to me that they didn't know how to use it or how powerful it was. It's a great tool.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good news about the RTA function, I have already commented before that I used it in the "other" NG, from both sides of the radar screen. Much easier to use for separation on long ranges than airspeed control. And very powerful if you know how to use it proper.