Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

Ron:for those of us, who do not have all our ptps saved, cut and paste is much faster. Without it I would have to export every single livery as PTP again - and I have about 40-50 of them, and I know a lot of guys have even more.

Peter,So basically the cut-and-paste method is for those people who dont have the .ptp files backed up, correct? Otherwise they would need to re-download every livery again. For someone like myself, the livery mgr should work just fine. Am I on the same page here?

Edited by RPRIEVER

More or less, even though there are more reasons for using the cut-and-paste method, ranging from personal preference to existence of not-yet-released repaints on repainters installation.But the basic idea is correct. Livery manager will work fine for you. Also dont forget to back-up the Aircraft directory!

One question regarding Robert's original post re saving your accumulated flight time. My NGX737/Aircraft folder shows all of the different reg numbers. A lot of them show 2kb, others (the ones I actually fly) show 10 kb. On the top of the folder is another folder ("backup"), that also has all of the reg nmbrs, but they all show 2kb. Do I have to backup the entire main folder, or just everything except for the "backup" folder? Many thanks

sorry for my ignorance...what will the BBJ differ from the regular -800/-900 or from the regular -ERs?thankyou123 users are reading this topic!!

Ron:Backup folder contents are used when you use a selection in the CDU, something to the effect of "Restore original" or similar.The reason why some files are 2kb and some are 10kb is, that information about flight time, failures, etc. is only stored after you fly the livery at least once.Giorgio:Biggest difference for BBJs is auxilliary tank installation. BBJs also allow for some avionics that are not yet available on airline 737s (for certification reasons) and also generally have much higher basic equipment (for example, HUGS is standart for BBJs, and was available on BBJs sooner than for airlines) - that said, I do not know if PMDG will model any extra functionality for the BBJ, like EVS or whatever Boeing has in works currently.I do not know how much different 700ER is from 700, in 900 you have more emergency exits, in different layout, and therefore can load more pax (apart from other differences)

Edited by Fabo

Backup folder contents are used when you use a selection in the CDU, something to the effect of "Restore original" or similar.The reason why some files are 2kb and some are 10kb is, that information about flight time, failures, etc. is only stored after you fly the livery at least once.
Thanks again. That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm.

Thanks for the update! Installation worked like a charm.

Ron:Backup folder contents are used when you use a selection in the CDU, something to the effect of "Restore original" or similar.The reason why some files are 2kb and some are 10kb is, that information about flight time, failures, etc. is only stored after you fly the livery at least once.Giorgio:Biggest difference for BBJs is auxilliary tank installation.BBJs also allow for some avionics that are not yet available on airline 737s (for certification reasons) and also generally have much higher basic equipment (for example, HUGS is standart for BBJs, and was available on BBJs sooner than for airlines) - that said, I do not know if PMDG will model any extra functionality for the BBJ, like EVS or whatever Boeing has in works currently.I do not know how much different 700ER is from 700, in 900 you have more emergency exits, in different layout, and therefore can load more pax (apart from other differences)
thankyou so much!!

Nice tutorial 2 EHAM - LOWI. Could not better.Besides the wellknown quality of the PMDG team, nice to see the contribution of Johan Ketting IVAO / Holland!All of you thanks!

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

Oh come on PMDG!!!Why do you post this at 1 in the morning? I stayed up until 10 seeing if it was gonna come out yesterday! :LMAO:Anywayz, why do we need to keep the updates? (SP1, SP1b, c) Can't we just redownload them from the PMDG website? :( I didn't do that for SP1 and SP1b.

Thank you PMDG team! everything installed just fine, did the copy/paste method with liverys & everything's hunky doryBig%20Grin.gif

Oh come on PMDG!!!Why do you post this at 1 in the morning? I stayed up until 10 seeing if it was gonna come out yesterday! :LMAO:Anywayz, why do we need to keep the updates? (SP1, SP1b, c) Can't we just redownload them from the PMDG website? :( I didn't do that for SP1 and SP1b.
You need to keep the original base installer at a minimum because the download link will expire. If you don't back it up and save a copy, then if you ever have to reinstall and your download link is expired, you will have to pay $5 for the extended download service.

You need to keep the original base installer at a minimum because the download link will expire. If you don't back it up and save a copy, then if you ever have to reinstall and your download link is expired, you will have to pay $5 for the extended download service.
I have the original installer for both my 700/600 and the base 800/900 saved and backed up on my external hard drive. I'm talking about the updates. Edited by linux731