Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Now it's broke and I have to fix it

The other day I said I was still using a 2007 FSX FSUIPC and I had not replaced it because "If it ant broke dont fix it". That was yeaterday. Today I have to fix it. Looking back my trouple might have started about the time I installed the new Dreamteam GSX that makes FSX a LOT like Aerosoft's FS2004 AES. I would be changing "windows" while flying looking at differant panels or outside etc and the computer screens ( I fly with 3- 26" monitors) would go "milky white" and it would CTD/Re-boot and I'd loose the flight. I installed that FS Save 1.05 from the Avsim Library and at first it seemed to work then about every 5-15 minutes on the ground or in the air I would get an "exception" and CTD. I awlays set a new RESTORE POINT before I install anything so I went back to my older restore point and then did a search for FSX Save and it found about 8 files. I deleated all of them. I've made one flight since then and it went OK. I'm hoping that that fixed the problem. My old FSUIP might have had something to do with it so I'm going to BUY the newest version and install it. I'll advise how this last "fix" comes out. jerrycwo4

Hope it works out for you Jerry. Keep us informed if it doesn't. There are people here that are not usually found anywhere else that can help you with just about anything, push comes to shove.Nice uniform!Kind regards,

Why do you need to buy the latest version of FSUIPC? Just download the latest and install over the one you already have

Hello Jerryyou should always be using the latest version, if for no other reason than Pete gets cross otherwise.But he is constantly updating and adding useful stuff so it is worth having the latest.There is NO need to buy again your licence is still valid.If you have a really early version of V4 for FSX then grab the full installer from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThen grab the latest update from:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Guest firehawk44

Yes, you only need to buy it once. I doubt it was the FSUIPC.dll module causing your problem(s) though. If you're getting an 'exception', you need to let us know what the exception was and/or the error message shown in the Event Viewer. You can get to the Event Viewer by clicking on the Start button, typing Event Viewer in the search bar then looking up and clicking on it in the Menu. There's an "event" for every crash or problem that occurs with your computer. You could have more serious problems not even related to FSX (or FS9). Doing a system 'restore' does not necessarily get rid of a problem. Most problems are caused by Windows security and/or anti-virus programs as they are trying to protect you for evil people and are not properly installing software or hardware on your system. IMHO, disabling User Access Controls (UAC) and any anti-virus program before installing new software will go a long way to fixing your issues.Best regards,Jim

FSUIPC may be one of those exceptions to "if it aint broke dont fix it" items! :) By that I mean I have never had a problem with the newer version.... unlike certain drivers!

Edited by Barnstormer1