Sign in to follow this  
konaboy32

Wind icon in HUD

All the airports should have windsocks (but not all the small airstrips), they can be hard to spot at times (but they are lit at night). And they do all work:
AP_Hilo_Windsock.jpg

This one is at HILO

Aha, I've been misreading the wind icon. I thought the arrow pointed to where the wind is coming from. but no, according to that image and the windsock the arrow is actually showing the direction of the wind. Silly me.

Aha, I've been misreading the wind icon. I thought the arrow pointed to where the wind is coming from. but no, according to that image and the windsock the arrow is actually showing the direction of the wind. Silly me.
Yes, you want to land with the icon's arrow pointing down at you (heading into the wind).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

:Loser:

Yes, you want to land with the icon's arrow pointing down at you (heading into the wind).
Easy to remember. You get bugs in your teeth landing into the wind. :Straight Face: Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Easy to remember. You get bugs in your teeth landing into the wind. :Straight Face:Ray
I'm not a real pilot, but I raced sailboats . . . so I'm pretty good at "reading" the wind. American%20Flag.gif

~ Arwen ~

I'm not a real pilot, but I raced sailboats . . . so I'm pretty good at "reading" the wind. American%20Flag.gif
Me too. Oslo Fjord. Great 24 hours races.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Me too. Oslo Fjord. Great 24 hours races.Ray
I only raced small 2-man boats in college (FJs and 420s) . . . I was the crew/windshield (I was ALWAYS wet).I raced mostly in Rhode Island (where I went to college) and in Boston. But I was on a nationally ranked team (#2 in North America during my senior year). And both my coaches raced on team USA 1 (and were world champions) Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

The easiest way to remember how to interpret windsocks is: The sock points to the runway you want to depart/land.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Somehow my Wind Direction arrow is now off on my HUD. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn it back on? I'm flying the T-45 Freewear.

Oh, too bad. But it was fun looking back to a time when there was so much interest and hope!

Steve

A blast from the past! :lol:

The wind indicator is only active for winds over 6 kts., I believe.

Best regards.

Luis

Somehow my Wind Direction arrow is now off on my HUD. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn it back on? I'm flying the T-45 Freewear.

Which T-45 would that be? I'm not familiar with one for Flight.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Probably Dino Cattaneo's T-45 for FSX Acceleration and Prepar3D, converted for use with Flight using the Flight Toolkit.

I was able to convert the T-45 (Dino Catteneo's) into Flight, but unfortunately by Flight has stopped working all together recently. I'm going to do a full re install today and see if it solves it. Then I will try to get some photos of the T-45.