Hi JetProp fans:Anyone else notice that the OAT displayed by the G500 PFD is bogus? It appears to be a calculated value based solely on aircraft altitude, displaying the ISA standard temperature for that altitude and not the actual temperature outside the aircraft. At least that is what I see on my machine.It's very easy to test. Park at any airport in the world and note the OAT reading. Now go into the FSX weather menu and change the ground temperature (and dew point if necessary) by several degrees. On my machine the OAT display does not change!Is this important? For purists trying to match real world performance as closely as possible it does. Turboprop cruise true airspeed varies directly with the OAT, for the same power settings. Furthermore, I own a copy of a Piper Meridian Pilot's Information Manual and the Meridian has OAT limits beyond which it cannot be operated. For Jet A fuel the minimum permissible OAT is -34C and for Jet A1 fuel it is -41C. I believe this is because the fuel in these planes is not heated and colder temperatures run the risk of freezing your fuel supply! I don't know for sure about the JetProp but I assume the same restriction applies. The Flight1 Meridian has long been a favourite aircraft of mine, and numerous times I have had to descend to lower altitudes in the winter because of this OAT limitation. In the JetProp I have yet to see an OAT of -41C, as that would require climbing to FL280!As a workaround I installed a third party OAT gauge into my JetProp panel.cfg file. Now I can read the real OAT from my addon gauge, and compare it to the ISA standard temperature from Carenado's G500 gauge. I can now instantly see how different the current conditions are from ISA, and thus what difference in true airpseed I can expect to see. And, of course, descend to a lower altitude if it is too cold! I don't want to run the risk of freezing my virtual fuel supply!David

David, CYXE

I believe this is a known bug... The updated G500s that Bliksimpie and I distribute have this fixed.Carenado is aware, but I'm not sure they are planning another update.

Bert

I think they could use another update to get Bert's and Bliksimpie great fixes incorporated!

And the OAT issue here.

Maybe engine / performance specs would have to be rechecked with correct OAT (like from Active sky).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi fellow simmers, i've got the same OAT issue even with the SP2 update of the PA46T.

Bert, could you tell me where to find your updated G500? i tried the one available in the AVSIM file library "Carenado P46T Malibu G500 Mod" posted by Henry.

It add some great features but do not allow OAT to work.

I would be glad to get the right version.

And yes, thanks to men like Bert & Bliksimpie for making thoses birds better!

Best regards,

Patrick

Hi fellow simmers, i've got the same OAT issue even with the SP2 update of the PA46T.

Bert, could you tell me where to find your updated G500? i tried the one available in the AVSIM file library "Carenado P46T Malibu G500 Mod" posted by Henry.

It add some great features but do not allow OAT to work.

I would be glad to get the right version.

And yes, thanks to men like Bert & Bliksimpie for making thoses birds better!

Best regards,

Patrick

Send me a PM with your email address..

Bert

Send me a PM with your email address..

Tribute to your work Bert !

PA46T fans, do not hesitate: ask for Bert's help! His mods for the plane are essential for it.

They fix the plane splendidly. :Applause: :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Hi Bert,

Was wondering if you still have the fixes available? Would love to have them.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

Hi Bert,

Was wondering if you still have the fixes available? Would love to have them.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Send me a PM with your email address.

I've no longer got the plane installed - but I believe I still have the gauges.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Tried to PM you, but AVSIM says you can not receive any new PM's?

Cheers,

Nathan

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

Hi Bert,

Tried to PM you, but AVSIM says you can not receive any new PM's?

Cheers,

Nathan

Sorry, mailbox was at 100%... try again!

Bert