Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

XPX on HD 6750 1GB

My budget is limited and I am looking at the HD 6750 1GB for my current sig rig (please see my signature) , will this card be powerful or good enough to run XPX on high sets @1600x900 ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Bump anyone ?

Please read Ben & Chris' posts on the X-Plane developers blog, http://developer.x-plane.com I suggest you look at posts from November on-wards.
There is nothing in the blog about 6750 unless I missed it.
Yes, it would be.
So you sure this card would be worth the upgrade for XPX and probably FSX ?

Hi,I doubt that this card will handle XP10 well and I´m pretty sure it won't at "high settings" since XP10 requires a lot of GPU power. I run XP10 on a GTX560 OC 1 GB (which is almost twice as powerful as the 6750) and that allows me "high" settings@1600x900 in rural areas - but I have to dial down some settings in urban areas and heavy weather to get 30+ FPS (=smooth flight). I would rather say that a 6750 will run XP10 ok, but not good.If I were you I would save some bucks, wait for the next generation of nvidia cards to come out (expected within the next 3 month) and then go either for a used gtx5XX (prices will drop) with at least 1.5 GB or a new gtx6XX budget card. As far a I can see, NVIDIA cards handle XP10 better than AMD cards (at least at the moment)May the wisdom be with you.Flo

Hi,I doubt that this card will handle XP10 well and I´m pretty sure it won't at "high settings" since XP10 requires a lot of GPU power. I run XP10 on a GTX560 OC 1 GB (which is almost twice as powerful as the 6750) and that allows me "high" settings@1600x900 in rural areas - but I have to dial down some settings in urban areas and heavy weather to get 30+ FPS (=smooth flight).I would rather say that a 6750 will run XP10 ok, but not good.If I were you I would save some bucks, wait for the next generation of nvidia cards to come out (expected within the next 3 month) and then go either for a used gtx5XX (prices will drop) with at least 1.5 GB or a new gtx6XX budget card. As far a I can see, NVIDIA cards handle XP10 better than AMD cards (at least at the moment)May the wisdom be with you.Flo
I got a reply from the support staff of XPX and they say that HD 6850 will handle XPX very well and yes the 6750 may not be that powerful they mentioned. The thing is they have given a hint saying that XPX is going more and more stuff to it and higher the card the better.This there reply" I would not get anything with a 3D PassMark less than 2000 because as time goes by more features will be added to X-Plane 10 that will only increase the load on your system. I recommend you go with the either nVidia 560 ti or ATI HD 6850 as minimums. A few weeks ago I bought an ATI HD 6850 card for $119 from newegg.com. And, I recently saw an nVidia 560 ti for about the same price on TigerDirect. If you shop around within those two sites there are specials every week because the PC market is slow and inventories have to be moved. Now is a good time to be shopping-"

Does anyone know how my "old" 5870 compare to the 560ti and 6850? I am thinking about upgrading, but I don't know if it's worth it. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Does anyone know how my "old" 5870 compare to the 560ti and 6850? I am thinking about upgrading, but I don't know if it's worth it.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
If you check my last post on this thread i have pasted the reply from Luminar in the " " , oops the fonts are too small to read.

Does anyone know how my "old" 5870 compare to the 560ti and 6850? I am thinking about upgrading, but I don't know if it's worth it.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
That wouldn't be an upgrade at all. The 5870 is head to head with the 560ti and will beat the 6850 in most places. The 5870 is still a very descent card.You shouldn't think about an upgrade until the new NVIDIA generation is released this spring/summer.Flo

That wouldn't be an upgrade at all. The 5870 is head to head with the 560ti and will beat the 6850 in most places. The 5870 is still a very descent card.You shouldn't think about an upgrade until the new NVIDIA generation is released this spring/summer.Flo
R u sure that the 5870 is head 2 head with the 560ti ?

Quite sure, yes. A couple of benchmarks point to that. There may differences in regard to certain games, but the overall performance is quite the same.This is an overall performance index, based on a couple of games and settings, look up the cards with 130 to 140 points, there are some 560ti´s, some 6950´s and a 5870 in it:http://www.tomshardw...Index,2673.htmlFlo

The 5870 is very costly for me atm , I may decide between 550ti or 6850.