Sign in to follow this  
fastcarfastplane

achieving high altitude..err highest altitude

So, i noticed an aerocache called "Curvature of the earth"...which is above the hilo apt at 80,000ft....obviously we have nothing that can get there, but never the less, i figured i'd see how close i can get in the 3 aircraft that come with the game (i do not have a p51 or maule)i was able to get the highest with the rv-6....17,000ft...like wise, get some achievements by going into a spin stall and spinning 15+ times, doing a nose dive from this alt. and hitting around 500kts, and then pulling up and hitting over 12g's.anyways...whats the highest you've been?

36K with the P51 and then a dive bomb to get the Mach 1 achievement :Just Kidding:

So, i noticed an aerocache called "Curvature of the earth"...which is above the hilo apt at 80,000ft....obviously we have nothing that can get there, but never the less, i figured i'd see how close i can get in the 3 aircraft that come with the game (i do not have a p51 or maule)
Over at the beta, a guy we trust, claims he already got it; so there must be a way.I guess, we must have to keep looking:

i don't see how....i mean, we'd have to go what you've already gone (22k) and do that 3 more times....i'd guess the p51 has the best chance though if it can be done.

i don't see how....i mean, we'd have to go what you've already gone (22k) and do that 3 more times....i'd guess the p51 has the best chance though if it can be done.
I don't know yet, but I have been close, on the P-51 nicknamed "Kite" at FL 39 and around 14.1 km or 7.6 nm away, still can't find it though.Some of us have tried to find the SR-71, but no luck for me, and I don’t know if it’s even there. (I spent several hours walking around the airport where it is supposed to be, btw. it’s very nicely modeled.)But I'll keep trying till I get it.I forgot to tell you; Its not over HIlo.

I didn't like the Stearman at first, but after forcing myself to fly it, I'm finding it a pretty good and enjoyable airplane. If this had been FSX with a lot more aircraft available, I'd never have flown it.The largest hangar at Honolulu has *something* in it... invisible and blocks your path in odd ways. If it's the SR-71 I haven't been able to get into it.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Where did this urban legend of the SR-71 being in game come from? It's mentioned in a aerocache but that's about it. All you have to do is check the pak files.. There is no SR-71 in the game.. CoreContent contains the Stearman, Icon and some Delta thingy which isn't even an airplane. The DLC Paks contain exactly what they're supposed to contain and nothing more. There is no SR-71 in game.. This rumor is spreading like fire though.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The hangars at Kaneohe also contain invisible objects that block you. They're certainly just untextured surfaces in the hangar models that MS didn't worry about because they didn't expect people to actually wander around in there when they could be out flying.

I didn't like the Stearman at first, but after forcing myself to fly it, I'm finding it a pretty good and enjoyable airplane. If this had been FSX with a lot more aircraft available, I'd never have flown it.The largest hangar at Honolulu has *something* in it... invisible and blocks your path in odd ways. If it's the SR-71 I haven't been able to get into it.Hook
Hi Hook: Yes, I have been there, in fact I have been all around that airport, I pretty much know my way around the whole thing without a map.I even did the "Back to the Future Thing" (how silly) My feet hurt.
I can't imagine them putting in an aerocache with no possible way to get it.
I Agree

Eddy: The "delta thingy" is probably the "ufo" that people see in multiplayer if another player is flying an aircraft they don't have.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;