Sign in to follow this  
sako75

Importing files into .PAK

Just wondering how Flight files actually differ from FSX..PAK files can be opened with WinRAR, but altering them in any way throws corrupted installation message and game will exit.Plane model files in SimObjects are no longer .mdl files, but .model files. Different modelling software/format was used?Managed to bypass file verifications.. Changed A5 paint icon, repacked, went to hangar.. and it showed it fine.If BGL files in scenery are mapped using coordinates - does this also mean importing FSX scenery will unlock world areas???

This is a useless post to you however if you do manage to get scenery or aircraft into Flight please let PMDG and ORBX know how you did it :)Rich

Not to be a party pooper, but you might want to check the EULA to see if modding the files is allowed. All fun & games when you're messing around, but when you actually release stuff or start porting stuff over you might be in muddy waters so to speak.

That's the spirit! Keep at it, will be interested to find out what else you can find.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Like I said, never count out the modders. :LMAO:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Being this is a `live' game, TOS, and MS supporting it.. I'd be wary of doing much like this.. I see the app in the screenshot has buttons labeled "Patch Xlive" and "Patch Flight".. If it looks like a crack, smells like a crack, it's probably a crack..No thanks..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I am sure you could put files into the .pak files. I am sure that you could mod the files already in there. Unfortunately the checksum security on the files will stop Flight working. So unless you can change the files and/or their content without changing the security keys then it is not going to be productive or helpful. Of course there is an easy enough way to get past the security - don't change the files :)

Modders are the booster of games !BTW that PMDG icon has a tremendous effect indeed :o ^_^

I am sure you could put files into the .pak files. I am sure that you could mod the files already in there. Unfortunately the checksum security on the files will stop Flight working. So unless you can change the files and/or their content without changing the security keys then it is not going to be productive or helpful. Of course there is an easy enough way to get past the security - don't change the files :)
I have successfully bypassed security key check of content files (yeah, TOS..). I can add scenery files etc, and they are shown in map view (for Hawaii only, ATM). Have tried extra airport data from FSX.Mostly I'm interested in plane models, but don't know yet how to deal with .model files.. Thought they were CATIA files, but couldn't open them.. Any tips from anyone?

Perhaps maybe try to import files from a freebie aircraft hosted here at Avsim? Of course I urge you to read and comply with all the rules and regulations! :)

I have successfully bypassed security key check of content files (yeah, TOS..). I can add scenery files etc, and they are shown in map view (for Hawaii only, ATM). Have tried extra airport data from FSX.
really? So you can see add on scenery in the sim?

Best, Michael

KDFW