Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

AI Zeppelins

I recently purchased the Aerosoft EDNY Friederichshafen scenery. One of the features of the scenery is the EADS faciltity which operates modern Zeppelins. There is a very nice static airship in the scenery, but I recently discovered an excellent AI version. You can either create a set of traditional AI flightplans for them or you can use it in Flight1 Helitraffic. (There's a specific model for that included) I went with the second option as I often use Helitraffic and I have to say that it's a very cool sight to see one of the three different Zeppelins cruising in to a landing on the airship pads...If anyone is interested, here's the link for the AI Zeppelinhttp://www.flightpor...803f5d116d4f800

It really is pretty cool. About the only negative is the LOD is a bit strange - the model is invisible until you are about 1 mile away so it's a bit startling to see a beautiful big airship suddenly appear out of nowhere... But the model really is excellent - very believable - and using Helitraffic it is truly amazing to watch it come in to landEnjoy!

Hello,I was the initiator in th Aerosoft Forum for an "AI Blimp traffic" for the very nice EDNY scenery.The idea was to make a small AI Flightplan inside the EDNY airport similar to a blimp traffic propsed byDavid "Opa" Marshall some years ago, (j4f_up.zip on flightsim.com).I create a small Afcad2 files on the place next to the static blimps place in the Aerosoft scenery and a small flightplan with the German blimps similar to Opa's files.My blims is now on that place and disappears suddently according to the flightpan, but I cant' see the blimp flying in the air? Something is certainly wrong in my traffic file but I don't know what, may be you can help me?Best regards

ya i found it kinda strange too. 1 mile is the max i see them too. but they sure are nice. i wonder if there's a workaround so you can see them further.

Thanks for this. I don't suppose you know anyone that likes flight simming (obviously), into aviation, hiking and military history, who happens to be a former pilot that might find the time to create some flightplans in and around Europe (Hint Hint) ? :(

try calclassic.com, at least they knowledge is there I guess..

ya i found it kinda strange too. 1 mile is the max i see them too. but they sure are nice. i wonder if there's a workaround so you can see them further.
I will tinker with it and see if I can do something to make it visible at a greater distance
Thanks for this. I don't suppose you know anyone that likes flight simming (obviously), into aviation, hiking and military history, who happens to be a former pilot that might find the time to create some flightplans in and around Europe (Hint Hint) ? :(
I think you are way too subtle Tristan. I have no idea who you are talking about! :( It looks like this is what Swiss1 above has done so maybe if we can fix the problem of sight distance, he could share his filesBy using Helitraffic I haven't had to bother about creating an AFCAD for EDNY to get them to take off and land there without using the taxiways and runway. (Which would be very strange behavior!) The great thing about Helitraffic is that the aircraft behave exactly like a helicopter - slow approach to the landing spot, stop, hover, turn slightly and then land vertically. Totally believable. You can create a landing spot anywhere you want by just landing there and using the Helitraffic menu to make it into a landing spot and create traffic... No messing with flight plans or AFCADs.If you don't have Helitraffic from Flight1, I really do recommend it. It does for helicopters what Oliver's AESLite has done for FS9 ground traffic - it really helps to bring airports to life....CheersIan

I was hoping to use AI Optimizer to adjust the sight distances for the Zeppelin but the model is not in standard FS9 format so it can't read it. Sorry guys... Let's just think of it as another example of brilliant German engineering - a "stealth" Zepplin that you can't see until it's too late! :(