Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

New X-Plane Developer Blog About Cities

It sounds like there will be new building artwork that will be sized to fit within a grid (city block) and the height of the building would be known. So most of the buildings will be autogened and sized to fit within the grid and their height will be compatible with the height of the real world buildings in that area (just guessing) My only question would be "Will there still be custom buildings which match their real world counterpart." ? I guess it is somewhat like a cityscape landclass and accurate in as far as their size, and those sizes will be determined dynamically i.e. autogened. Sounds good to me rather than just throwing a bunch of buildings out there. Since they would be landclassed properly for a cityscape, there should be no houses mixed in like they are currently. I could be wrong but this was my cursory take on what he was saying. I just hope each city contains a number of buildings which are considered known for that particular city i.e. Seattle-Space Needle.Bob