Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Flight 1 Cessna Skycatcher - anyone?

Hi all,While visiting the Flight 1 site, I noticed a Cessna C162 Skycatcher as the 1st item on the 1st page. I'm surprised to have heard nothing about this addon, and was more surprised to see that I could not find a single video of it on YouTube....Does anyone have it, and if so, what do we think if it?Cheers.[EDIT: Sorry, just found a thread from Dec 2011 about it. If there are any new views to add on this thread, please chip in. :smile:]

If you fly a Skycatcher in real life, this is a nice add-on to consider.. it is easy to fly and SLOW... goodfor basic training.

Bert

Thanks Bert. Looks good, think I'll add it to my wish list! :(

Hi, did you buy it? I'm also surpised to see very little info n the web on it and am considering buying it.Thanks

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Hi Mike,I did buy it - and I'm sorry to say that on this rare occasion I took Flight 1 up on there excellent 30 Day Refund Policy. :sad:The F1 Skycatcher was one of those ones that IMHO just completely lacked 'soul' as an addon. The texturing in the VC is ok, not the best, but ok, the G300 displays are really good, the AP works great, the exterior model is good, but I just didn't find any enjoyment in flying the 162, or indeed spending time in the VC. I felt the sounds were not great, and weren't always convincing, especially at touchdown which just felt unmoving in this aircraft.It's not because it's a simple aircraft and not because it's slow..... I would just say that if you fly something like Ant's Aircrafts Tecnam or Eaglett, they have that feel of being convincing, whereas the F1 Skycatcher felt very sterile and un-fun to be in and fly.If you want a Skycatcher though, it is 50,000% better than the Abacus version, in every respect.Just wasn't for me. :(

HmmmmConsider Ant's Eaglet LSA... A demo version is available.http://antsairplanes.com/eaglet.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Stick, happy i checked with you first! They are certainly not giving the Skycatcher away and I just couldn't find any info on the web reviewing it. I'm a big A2A fan - they have really set the bar high, and just having trouble finding a good low and slow GA with radio stack that i can practice circuits and short vfr flights on that would be comparable in feel and flight dynamics to some of their aircrafts. Carenado just doesn't do it for me...Thanks again for your input, much appreciate it.MikeThanks Ryan, I'll look at the Eaglet

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Check out these two from Aerosoft:http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=englishhttp://en.shop.aeros...anguage=englishBoth the H36 and the DA-20 Katana are excellent fun if you like modern VFR aircraft, and they set the bar high with many of their features.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Stick, happy i checked with you first! They are certainly not giving the Skycatcher away and I just couldn't find any info on the web reviewing it. I'm a big A2A fan - they have really set the bar high, and just having trouble finding a good low and slow GA with radio stack that i can practice circuits and short vfr flights on that would be comparable in feel and flight dynamics to some of their aircrafts. Carenado just doesn't do it for me...Thanks again for your input, much appreciate it.MikeThanks Ryan, I'll look at the Eaglet
Hi Mike,I have both the H-36 and the Katana DA-20 4X that Chock recommended above and I think the latter, the DA-20 4X is what you're looking for.... It is hyper-realistic in the way that Carenado is not, and features damage and maintenance simulation at least on a par with the excellent A2A planes. It's pretty special and one of those planes that really can make you feel you're in the real thing. :)I feel less passionate about the H-36, it's nice but an odd aircraft (more of a powered glider) and VERY slow! (think Piper Cub slow).... and it doesn't have the maintenance and use simulation of the Katana DA-20 4X.If you go for the DA-20, make sure you buy the 4X model, and not the older (circa 2006) original model which doesn't include the magic of the newer model.Cheers.

My favorite two-seater is actually the BayTower RV7 - perfectly put together anddefinitely comes with soul/personality..

Bert

Hi all, picked up the Katana and Ryan/Al, you guys are both dead on! This is exactly what i was looking for :)Really appreciate all the replies and suggestions, thanks!Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Figured that one might float your boat. It's a stunner isn't it?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here