Sign in to follow this  
DocBird

Pushback for the Seaplane

This is certainly more a general question for all kind of seaplanes that do not have a reverser:Is it possible to use any tweak or trick to "pushback" (or should I say "row-back") the aircraft when it is on floats?I bothers me that one can not go right to the shore line, pick up the passengers and than start off again.Any chance to use the "UPPERCASE+P" trick when this aircraft is on floats?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

"pushback" can be assigned to any key/button within the controler settings, or indeed the keyboard.I would assume it would work on both concrete/grass and water.But having said that I have not tried it myself. Worth a try though.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Guest BeaverDriver

Good idea to try it though! If it works, it would be great. I've always used Slew mode to angle away from the dock initially. Using Pushback would work if you are facing shore while at the dock. Good thinking.

"pushback" can be assigned to any key/button within the controler settings, or indeed the keyboard.I would assume it would work on both concrete/grass and water.But having said that I have not tried it myself. Worth a try though.
As I have sad: I my case this does not work. If it works on your system I would be happy to hear that and try to find out what makes the difference.I think it would at much more reality to the "game" as if to use the slew mode.

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker

Just out of interest, tried Pushback in the water...lots of rear water spray as you would expect, if it were going back...but no movement of the aircraft. How strange. Looks like it will have to be the Y key after all. Shame really.

Guest BeaverDriver

Bummer. Thanks for trying though. It was a good thought.

A2A Piper Cub with rudders have a paddle to 'pushback'. No need to connect a tug to Your seaplane.

lol, I came across this issue doing the FSX mission "San Juan Island Run". Pulled in real nice into the U shaped dock and was stuck, no way to move backwards. I restarted the mission and pulled up to the side this time so I could pull away going forward.Found out few days later I could of Slewed.

In FS9 the default amphibian...think it was the cessna caravan...you could press F2 when stationary and it would engage a "reverse prop thrust" which was very handy. Don't know if it was carried over into FSX. Seem to think it only worked on aircraft with variable pitch props.

Hi all,

In FSX the default key command Shift+P initiates pushback for me on this and other amphibs and floatplanes. The slew action in FSX is unmanagable in my set-up so I can only hit Cntl+y and guess. I use it sparingly.

good flights, Cal

Unfortunatelly Shift+P does not work for me in FSX... Did you change anything?