Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

Are you sure about that?

Hi,I'm new to the voice version of FS2Crew. During a number of my checklists, I respond correctly and the green bar says what I said, but the FO responds with "Are you sure about that?" and then moves on to the next item in the checklist. Yes, I am sure that I turned on the Anti-Collision beacon. The switch is in the right position and if I go to spot view, it's blinking. He asks that about a number of other things during the preflight checklists as well.I don't know if he would continue that during flight, as I had to abort before engine start because I probably set something up wrong and lost all power when I removed the ground power cart before pushback (a tutorial would be really nice for this)Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a problem?-stefan

Hi Bryan,SP1c, yes. External hardware I have quite a bit, although most of it is disabled via various means. I have the Saitek Switch Panel, but I'm not starting SPAD so it shouldn't be seen (and in fact doesn't seem to do anything without SPAD running.) I also have the Saitek Radio (same deal with SPAD,) Saitek TPM (configured through FSUIPC and nothing enabled for the NGX,) CH Throttle Quadrant (spoiler set through FSUIPC, Throttles set through FSX itself due to weird issues with FSUIPC and the NGX throttles.) Also a CH Yoke and Pedals, configured with FSUPIC.The switches in the cockpit are in the correct position.-stefan

I don't know if he would continue that during flight, as I had to abort before engine start because I probably set something up wrong and lost all power when I removed the ground power cart before pushback (a tutorial would be really nice for this)-stefan
Hi Stefan,I recommend that you run the PF option and allow the PNF to set the Flight Deck up completely.There are some actions you have to preform too though, so you may need to read the online FS2Crew manual to know what they are.If you do it this way, the co-pilot sets up most things that are checked during the check lists.If your in a hurray and can't wait for the 30 mins pre-flight setup, then use the main control panel to reduce the count down time when the co-pilot has finished his checks.If your not happy with doing that, I strongly recommend reading the Tutorial #1 and the start of Tutorial #2 that comes with PMDG which will get you on the right track of entering the flight deck completely cold and dark through to getting it ready for taxi.Good luck

If your in a hurray and can't wait for the 30 mins pre-flight setup, then use the main control panel to reduce the count down time when the co-pilot has finished his checks.
Moreover, if you're in a hurry, you don't even need to run the Pre-Flight events at all (the 'Run PF Events button on the Config Panel).... just don't run it.Unlike older FS2Crew's, it's optional.But you'll have to ensure everything is setup by your self then.As for the FO saying the switch is not correct when in fact it is... you're running a very complex hardware setup which could interfering and sending wrong signals.That's all I can think of at this point.Is your hardware compatible with the PMDG NGX SDK?

No, I did the preflight - what I missed was the portion about turning on the APU myself if needed for ground start. It wasn't in the flows but was in the config page of the manual. As far as the hardware goes, the switch panel is disabled when SPAD isn't running. FSX or FSUIPC don't even see it. The rest is all disabled in FSUIPC (or more accurately never configured.) I'm comfortable with the NGX, I'm just not quite familiar with fs2crew yet.I'll try another flight and see what happens. If I get some sleep tonight rather than the 2 hours I got last night + painkillers all day, it might go better.-stefan

Update on this:My flight this morning did not have this issue. I suspect it may have had to do with me trying to pause during one of the FO's flows (probably electrical.) Also, it turns out that things make a lot more sense when you have sleep and no painkillers in you. I've had no real troubles at all other than the voice not understanding some things I say (specifically, once I start with numbers, it tries to interpret everything else I say as a number, screwing up the fuel count, etc. I've gotten around it fine with "next")After I land I might try to reproduce by trying to pause during a FO flow. Related: Could you add an item to the hotfix, specifically that it won't display the "P" if it's unable to pause due to a flow?Thanks!-stefan

I had this issue also today. The switch is set correctly but the copilot still asking...

I get this once every 3rd or so flight. I initially thought it might be that the APU electrical bus did not connect correctly so now cycle the APU bus switches to off first before engaging them. However, problem was back this morning with a vengeance. No funny hardware except TIR and my Saitek controls. I do however ran VoxAtc this time around but in previous cases Vox atc was not used.

Doubt VOX ATC... I'm more interested in the Saitek Controls. Try cycling your saitek controls before each flying... even better unplug the Saitek to rule it out...I don't use external hardware, but my one tester who has a complex setup said this:I use a panel state save and every now and then the PFC driver does not always load cleanly, if I cycle them with my go flight controls it gets them in sync. For some reason the positions are not necessarily correct all the time depending on where the switch position is when I shut the sim down. I then am making sure they agree in the sim with my hardware when I start up again. All I know is it solves the issues and all calls are correct.

That would prob have to wait till next weekend, since I think you went to bed already and I will be at work during the day when you are awake in the week. I get this early on already with the preflight checklist and starting with 'window heat' If I say on, so reflected on the green bar, he will say are 'you sure about that?' Everything where the response is 'on' he will have a problem with. Now I'm sure ON is displayed on the green bar when I speak so is not the accent thing here and why will my saitek gear, which only controls the yoke, pedals and throttles interfere with those switches?

That would prob have to wait till next weekend, since I think you went to bed already and I will be at work during the day when you are awake in the week.I get this early on already with the preflight checklist and starting with 'window heat' If I say on, so reflected on the green bar, he will say are 'you sure about that?' Everything where the response is 'on' he will have a problem with.Now I'm sure ON is displayed on the green bar when I speak so is not the accent thing here and why will my saitek gear, which only controls the yoke, pedals and throttles interfere with those switches?
If you're using external hardware, is it configured through fsuipc or fsx itself ?

FSUIPC
OK, cant you try with a normal joystick configured through fsx and disconnect the external hardware ? FS2Crew has some issues with external hardware.

Frankly, that would not be posible. My problem pops up every now and then only. Configuring reverse thrust for example through the default interface is almost impossible.Secondly, FSUIPC is sooooo wildly used in FSX it should be made compatible, if that is even the problem.