Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Need an answer

I've been having this issue for a while now and personally I think its just because I'm using a hdtv instead of a monitor but I want to ask anyway. If I ever turn my texture detail up to say around 71, when I pan around, whether its outside or in the cockpit, now and then ill get these quick flashes of texture marks appear in my screen, kind of like a quick texture tear which can throw you off. I wondered why this happend, like i said earlier, I think its because I'm using a Hitatchi hdtv that has very bad response time. I'm going to buy a new Asus 27" soon.Its not a big deal, I would just like it to stop. I have vsync enabled if anybody was going to ask me that.ThanksP.S. My machine is good, its an i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz, nvidia 580gtx, 8gb ram, 2tb hd, h80 liquid cooling, win7 64bit so my machine can handle full settings but i don't want tearing marks. Also, when I play other games on my pc like battlefield 3 nothing happens, just great graphics.

With your specs you should put detail up to max for scenery! Not autogen though.Even though you have vsync, do you have it forced on in the driver and through the fsx.cfg lines?

It would be useful if we could determine if this is screen tearing (vsync problem) or something else. Without really 100% defining what it is, it's hard to determine a solution, if there is one.Haztonic, do you know how typical screen tearing looks like? You can try enabling vsync in FSX to see if that's the cause - but personally, I don't really like it.But you also say they are quick texture flashes... so, which one is it? :)

Texture flashes happens when scenery load at start of session. In my experience, I have texture flashes if I use bufferpool tweak, also get texture spikes. For the screen tearing, I use HDTV monitor, Samsung SyncMaster P2270HD, I also get it. Even vsync tweaks, forceing in nvidia, and fsx.cfg didn't solve it. It is very annoying, I can say that.

I think you are seeing graphics glitches because the graphics pipeline gets corrupted. This is because you have tweaked some settings that allow too much data to be pushed to your gpu and it cannot handle it. The only other possibility is heat related corruption. I have seen this sort of thing while experimenting with various cfg settings on my systems, where my current one is the same as yours, except for 570x2.

Really hard to give any opinion without seeing your fsx.cfg....

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi,I am running a samsung 40 inch hdtv which has a game mode option and runs @120hz. 1920x1080. I run all orbx, full detail max clouds, high water, ut2 100%, Shade, road traffic 30%, all control panel options checked for orbx addon airports, nvidia frame rate limter with unlimited frames in the game, and I have no issues whatsoever even around KSEA, and my specs are almost identical to yours except I run a gtx570 vs your 580. I use "UsePools=0" and "HighMemFix" and no other cfg mods. Not sure why you would be having these problems unless it is an issue with the HDTV. I know my post does not help solve your problem, but just wanted to point out that FSX can be run effectively with an HDTV.Bob

Here's my .CFG. I left out the trusted addons so it didn't take up so much topic space.[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_flight_history=1[bufferPools]PoolSize=98304RejectThreshold=393216UsePools=0[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]Mode=1440x900x32Anisotropic=1[sOUND]AmbientUI=0AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND=1SOUND_LOD=0SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=1ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=1UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1254STATE=[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=1ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432D3D10=0[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2AirlineDensity=0FreewayDensity=12GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=15ShipsAndFerriesDensity=17[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=FalseCrashTolerance=0.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=FalseGeneral=0.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=0.000000ManualLights=FalsePFactor=0.000000RealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseTorque=0.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=True[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=8DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=0DynamicWeather=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=0,0,720,900,.DISPLAY1Maximized=2SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=10886PerfBucket=7DisablePreload=0FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=PMDGSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1DisplayFuelAsWeight=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=0LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=30MESH_RESOLUTION=22SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=1MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_waypoints=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_ac_twr=1MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=1[uSERINTERFACE]ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=CarenadoSelectAircraftType=AllPageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0

OK, what I don't like:[bufferPools]PoolSize=98304RejectThreshold=393216UsePools=0PoolSize and RT have no effect when using UsePools=0. You should remove them OR the entry UsePools=0.Second:This is a clear situation:WATER_EFFECTS=4, should be changed to 6.This is your problem. UsePools=0 and effect 4 is what is causing those flashes. Either remove UsePools=0 one or set 6.Furthermore:ForceWindowedVSync=1Don't like this one - it forces halving frames in windowed. Full screen vsync I would recommend doing via driver, not via FSX.cfg. These entries are only here for users with ATI cards. Nvidia have the commodity to set in the driver.Remove:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 or change it to 0.25, your CPU can take it. If you start getting blurries, put back to 0.33. If not, set even lower. As low as possible until getting blurries basically.TextureMaxLoad=30 - why? You have problems with blurries? You got a powerful machine, don't need that.SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30 - sameMAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3 - sameSmallPartRejectRadius=4.0 - one of the most useless tweaks around, especially on high performance machinesHave fun!

Ok so for all the ones you said to remove, I should definately take out of my .CFG?And if I change my water effects to 6, do I still need to remove UsePools=0?I have vsync on in my nvidia control panel but i always have been flying in windows mode so i'll give it a go in full screen mode. Also, what does FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 do? And I'm not sure about the texturemaxload=30thank you

Remove the FIBER_FRAME entry and the texturemaxload.You have a great system, you should not need it. It is just convoluted.Bob

Ok so I removed Fiber_Frame, terxturemaxload, and i changed water_effects to 6. Is this correct Word Not Allowed?And on a side note, I've been deciding whether to buy AS2012 or stick with REX and I've seen many convincing arguments made by you, so do you think I should stick with rex? And wait for essential?

Ok so for all the ones you said to remove, I should definately take out of my .CFG?And if I change my water effects to 6, do I still need to remove UsePools=0?I have vsync on in my nvidia control panel but i always have been flying in windows mode so i'll give it a go in full screen mode.Also, what does FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 do? And I'm not sure about the texturemaxload=30thank you
You don't have to "remove" them... placing /// in front of the line will disable it. Just for testing purposes. If you see nothing bad coming out of it, then you can remove it later. Or never.Let me put it like this: if you are using UsePools=0, you have to use Water 6. If you are not using UsePools=0, then you can set water at any other level.FFTF, as much as I understand it, tells the CPU the ratio between the main thread and the texture loader on the same core. Not anything to do with other cores. Running 0 is going to give some real speed ups, but will potentially cause lots of blurries if you FPS drop below locked.
Ok so I removed Fiber_Frame, terxturemaxload, and i changed water_effects to 6. Is this correct Word Not Allowed?And on a side note, I've been deciding whether to buy AS2012 or stick with REX and I've seen many convincing arguments made by you, so do you think I should stick with rex? And wait for essential?
You don't have to remove FFTF, infact, I suggest just lowering it. Set it to 15-25 or about. TML remove. Water 6 if UsePools=0 is used. Remove all OTHER settings under BUFFERPOOLS section.I would recommend AS2012 for weather, REX for textures, due to confirmed better performing clouds from REX than AS2012. But AS2012 gives a way better weather generation.

Exactly what Kos said.. Set FFTF between 0.18 and 0.25 - it will make the sim smoother in areas which cause stuttering.Do everything which he said in posts 10 & 14 - they are all exactly correct. My only other suggestion is push that beast the 4.8.ASE & REX textures are just fine. Buy an aircraft or some more scenery.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.